The first and most obvious feature of the Eventer, and the one that gives the bag its distinctive look, is the protective leather base. The lower quarter is covered in the same top grain leather we use in all our products. Carefully selected and treated before it is cut and worked into the desired shape, these large pieces give the Eventer its strength and structure whilst also helping to form the two front dump pockets. These pockets share a covering flap that is secured using our ClogBall and strap system, which is used both here and again for the main rain flap.
The side patches are made from the same thick leather as the base and provide an anchor point for the shoulder sling. Solid brass fittings are used throughout, and slides on the webbing allow you to adjust the shoulder sling length to your preferred carrying or working height. Whether low slung toolbox or a safe and secure travel companion the Eventer simply works.
Across the top of the main flap, a sturdy reinforcement gives the woven web handle a firm response. Safely stitched into a wide leather strap across the back, the entire assembly forms part of the bags structural frame.
The supplied removable padded insert can be used to store your camera gear in, and that in turn can be subdivided with the two vertical and two horizontal padded dividers also included. The back of the insert features an extra padded compartment for a 13″ inch laptop or Macbook Pro/Air (or smaller device like an iPad).
Removing the bag’s insert turns the Eventer into a roomy briefcase or overnight bag. The twin zips on the main compartment add security. To complete the picture the Eventer also has a full width back pocket secured by a zip fastening which means it has convenient and accessible storage for passports, tickets, maps and documents.
Features of Billingham Eventer:
- Space for DSLR and lenses plus a 13inch Macbook (Pro or Air or smaller device such as a tablet) in its padded laptop compartment.
- Removable padded insert to turn the bag from a camera bag to an overnight bag or briefcase.
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer waterproof FibreNyte material.
- Real full grain leather and brass fixings.
- Deep front pockets as well as a rear zippered pocket.
- Includes SP50 Shoulder pad.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Made in England.