Part of the top line “L” series of Canon’s finest quality optics, the 100mm f/2.8 L Macro lens features image stabilisation with angle and shift detection, especially useful at close range.
L series Quality
The lens embodies Canon’s highest standards of L-series optics, build quality, reliability and operability. Robust construction includes dust and moisture resistant seals to protect against harsh weather conditions.
Hybrid Image Stabilizer
This Image Stabilizer is designed specifically for inclusion in a macro lens. It is able to correct lens shift movement as well as the angular movement that most IS systems can correct. This provides 2-stops of correction during 1.0x magnification, increasing to 3-stops at 0.5x magnification and 4-stops during normal shooting.
Ultra-low dispersion (UD) lens element ensures high image quality
A UD element within the lens design effectively removes chromatic aberration. This allows for excellent image quality with high resolution, high contrast and excellent colour reproduction.
Focus limiter switch
To enhance the photographer’s use of the lens, it is fitted with a 3 position focus limiter switch. With limits for close up subjects, distant subjects and all subjects, the user is able to increase the autofocus speed making quick shots a possibility.
Beautiful background blur with 9 blade circular aperture
A circular blade aperture helps to create attractive, even background bokeh when isolating subjects at wide apertures.
Fast quiet auto focus
The ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor) drives extremely rapid auto focus with near-silent operation. Full-time mechanical manual focus override is available without having to switch out of AF. The lens offers a minimum focusing distance of 0.3m.
Key Features About the Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens
- This lens has a true macro magnification ratio of 1:1, meaning the object you are photographing will be life-size on the sensor
- Hybrid Image Stabilizer system to counteract regular angular shake and lateral shift-shake especially designed for macro photography
- The in-built Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM) drives fast and quiet Auto Focus with optional full manual override
- A fixed and fast f/2.8 aperture for low light shooting and beautiful background blur
- Produce sharp, high-contrast images with Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to suppress chromatic aberrations
- Part of the Canon professional L-series flagship range, its designed for robust handling and resistant to dust and moisture
- Compatible with all Canon DSLR cameras and EOS-M mirrorless cameras with an EF-EOS M Mount adapter
What’s in the box
- EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- Lens Cap E-67U
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Lens Case LP1219
- Lens Hood ET-73
- User Manual