The ultra-wide-angle Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens is an upgrade to the popular Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8 L MKII USM Lens and features a fast f/2.8 aperture and an advanced autofocus system that perfectly complements the Canon 5D Mark IV. With its ultra-high performance, it delivers premium image quality throughout the focal length range.
Features About the Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens
- Capture striking architecture and expansive landscapes with this ultra-wide-angle L-series lens
- Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 across the zoom range
- Create soft background focus with a 9-bladed circular aperture diaphragm
- Produce sharp, high-contrast images with Super UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements to suppress chromatic aberrations
- Flare is reduced when shooting into the light, thanks to advanced ASC and SWC lens coatings
- Be prepared for split-second moments with a fast, responsive Auto Focus with Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM)
- Prevent vignetting and protect the front lens element with petal-shaped lens hood
- Compatible with all DSLR cameras including full-frame and EOS M mirrorless with an EF-EOS M Mount adapter
Ultra-high performance wide-angle L-Series Lens
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM is a premium quality ultra-wide-angle zoom lens, with a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, for the highest image quality possible even in low light conditions.
Great lens for
Photograph sweeping views from hillsides and seascapes to city landmarks and urban landscapes.
Even when conditions aren’t ideal, clearly capture nightlife, firework displays, darker interiors and more.
Find beauty in structure and bring imposing monuments and sweeping cityscapes to life.
Premium image quality
Large-diameter double-surface Glass Moulded (GMo) lenses and Ultra-Low Dispersion help to significantly improve image distortion and reduce chromatic aberration. While Advanced Air Sphere and SubWavelength coating work to combat ghosting and flare, so you can shoot with confidence in environments with unflattering lighting.
Versatile collection of wide-angle focal lengths
The Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens features a 16-35mm zoom that incorporates a range of wide-angle focal lengths.
Fast constant aperture
A large, f/2.8 aperture allows you to make the most of available light, while a 9 bladed circular aperture diaphragm helps to deliver the stunning depth of field.
Durable L-series construction
The robust, durable, weather-sealed construction of EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM helps it to withstand the rigours of professional use.
The Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens features a ring-type USM motor and high-performance CPU, which work to ensure faster focusing.
Should I upgrade?
The Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens replaces the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM and is set to define new image quality standards for ultra-wide angle zooms.
Newly designed optics delivers stunning sharpness right across the frame. A re-designed 5 group zoom mechanism that improves vibration and shock resistant levels.
Subwavelength and Air Sphere coating, help to prevent ghosting and flare from affecting your images.
9 bladed aperture
In comparison to the Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens’s 7 bladed circular aperture, the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM contains 9 bladed circular aperture diaphragm, that allows you to create beautifully soft background focus.
What’s in the box?
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
- Lens Hood EW-88D
- Lens Case LP1222
- Lens Cap E-82 II
- Rear Lens Cap E
- User Manual
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens Sample Images
Specifications of the Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L III USM Lens
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Focal length||16–35 mm|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Min focus||0.28 m (11.02″)|
|Weight||790 g (1.74 lb)|
|Length||128 mm (5.02″)|