Features of the Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens
- Super-telephoto lens with high-performance optic technology suited to wildlife and sports photography
- Diffractive Optics produce images with a reduction in chromatic and spherical aberrations without impacting the compact and lightweight build of the lens at 2100 g
- The in-built Ultra-Sonic Motor (USM) drives fast and quiet Auto Focus with optional full manual override
- 9-bladed aperture diaphragm for beautiful bokeh from shallow depth of field
- Compatible with all Canon DSLR cameras and EOS-M mirrorless cameras with an EF-EOS M Mount adapter
Portable, lightweight design
The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM is smaller and lighter than a conventionally designed 400mm f/4 lens, weighing in at just 2100g. This is made possible by using Canon’s innovative Diffractive Optics (DO) technology, which corrects for the undesirable optical effects that would otherwise come about through such a drastic reduction in size.
Improved resistance to flare and fringing
The third-generation DO technology used in the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM makes it a superb performer, particularly in the hands of those shooting sports, wildlife and news photography. The lens is resistant to flare and coloured fringing, and delivers excellent sharpness right across the frame.
Image Stabilizer technology
Shoot confidently using shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal. The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM’s Image Stabilizer (IS) will guard against camera shake and preserve critical sharpness. The lens’ IS operates in one of three modes: the first is for still subjects, the second for panning shots, while the third is designed for erratic, fast-moving action.
Intuitive controls on the barrel of the EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM fall instinctively under the fingers when you’re shooting. Use the wide manual focus ring to make fine adjustments without taking the camera away from your eye. Focus Preset and Focus Stop controls allow photographers to concentrate on a specific point in the scene.
Great for movies too
Power Focus technology lets photographers shooting video produce pull-focus type effects that transition smoothly between different parts of the scene.
Built to perform
When conditions get tough, the Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens lets you keep shooting with confidence. Weather sealed construction guards against dust and moisture, while anti-smear fluorine coating on the lens’ front element repels water and dirt.
What’s in the box
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens
- Lens Hood ET-120
- Lens Case 400D
- Lens Cap E-145C
- Lens Dust Cap E
- Lens Wide Strap B
- Drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder 52
- User Manual
Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens Sample Images
Specifications of the Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Focal length||400 mm|
|Image stab.||Yes (4 stops)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF|
|Min focus||3.30 m (129.92″)|
|Weight||1200 g (2.65 lb)|
|Length||233 mm (9.17″)|