Combining powerful telephoto performance with high-quality images, the lightweight and compact Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is the ideal companion for travel and shooting wildlife and sports with your mirrorless camera. A manual-focus ring enables precise yet easy focusing adjustments – with closest-focusing distance of 1 meter it’s also great for powerful portraits. Stepping motor technology (STM) delivers smooth, quiet focusing when shooting video and the Image Stabilizer counter-acts your camera-shake, ideal for low-light environments or when shooting hand-held.
Features About the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Get close to distant subjects like wildlife and sport with this powerful zoom lens
- Lightweight, compact design you can take on your travels
- Sophisticated optical materials deliver photos that are packed with detail, dynamic contrast and rich colours.
- Counter-act camera-shake and shoot in low light without a flash using the Image Stabilizer
- Draw attention to your subject by isolating it against a smooth out-of-focus background
- Precise focusing adjustments with a manual focus ring
- Smooth, quiet focusing when shooting video with stepping motor technology (STM)
- Smooth highlights from a 7-bladed aperture for a more natural look and feel to your images
- Compatible only with Canon EOS M range of mirrorless cameras
Compact zoom lens that takes you closer
Getting you closer to the action, the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens is designed exclusively for EOS-M cameras. It’s the perfect companion for the Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, allowing you to bring distant subjects closer – ideal for wildlife, sports and travel photography.
Optical Image Stabilizer
To help maintain sharpness, the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens features an Image Stabilizer that protects against the blur caused by accidental movement while shooting – known as camera shake. Shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower than usual can be used, enabling hand-held photography in low-light conditions.
STM focusing technology
Stepping motor (STM) technology delivers focusing that is fast and accurate when taking photos and smooth and near-silent when shooting video. Because STM movements are so smooth and quiet, video clips are free from unwanted focusing noise and distracting changes in focus.
Great quality images that you’ll be proud of
Sophisticated optical materials deliver photos that are packed with sharp detail, dynamic contrast and rich colours. Draw attention to your subject by isolating it against a smooth out-of-focus background.
Designed to make great photography easy
A manual-focus ring enables precise focusing adjustments to be made quickly and easily at any time. A closest-focusing distance of 1 meter is great for powerful portraits and close-ups details.
What’s in the box
- Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens – Black
- Lens Cap E-5211
- Lens Dust Cap EB
- User Manual
Sample Images of the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
Specifications of the Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Focal length||55–200 mm|
|Image stab.||Yes (3.5 stops claimed)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M|
|Min focus||1.00 m (39.37″)|
|Weight||260 g (0.57 lb)|
|Length||87 mm (3.41″)|