The Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens offers a flexible focal range and is the perfect companion for photographers looking to get up close to wildlife and capture the action. Canon’s STM technology enables smooth, quiet continuous focusing when shooting video and fast accurate AF when capturing stills. The lens is Canon’s first EF-S telephoto zoom lens to feature advanced STM technology, alongside a 3.5-stop optical Image Stabiliser, providing outstanding stills and movie quality throughout the entire zoom range.
Compact, powerful telephoto zoom
Taking you closer to the action, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM is the perfect companion for your EOS’s 18-55mm standard zoom lens, and ideal for wildlife, sports and travel photography. It combines powerful telephoto performance with great image quality and instinctive handling.
Optical Image Stabilizer
To help maintain sharpness, the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM incorporates Canon’s Image Stabilizer technology. This allows shutter speeds up to 3.5 stops slower than normal to be used while protecting against the effects of camera shake – great in low light or when shooting at long zoom settings. Panning detection automatically turns off stabilisation in either the horizontal or vertical direction, helping convey a sense of speed when photographing moving subjects.
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM features stepping motor (STM) technology for smooth, quiet continuous focusing when capturing video with your EOS and fast, accurate AF when shooting photos. STM focusing is so quiet that it’s not picked up by the camera’s microphone, leaving your video soundtracks free of unwanted distractions.
Delivering superb image quality
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM uses a UD (Ultra-low Dispersion) glass element and Super Spectra lens coatings to deliver crisp, sharp, high-contrast images throughout the zoom range. A seven-bladed aperture diaphragm increases the quality of out-of-focus areas, so your subject stands out against a soft, blurred background.
Designed for great photography
A manual focus ring allows precise focus adjustments to be made quickly and easily at any time, while the closest focusing distance of 0.85m enables photography of small subjects. A non-rotating front element makes using filters straightforward.
Features About the Canon EF-S 55-250mm
- A versatile telephoto zoom lens that takes you closer to the action. Great for sport, nature and travel photography
- Weighing just 375g this lightweight, the compact lens is designed for maximum portability
- A 3.5-stop Image Stabilizer helps protect against the effects of camera shake which are more exaggerated when shooting handheld with a telephoto zoom lens
- STM technology enables smooth, quiet continuous focusing when shooting video and fast accurate AF when capturing photos
- Enjoy superb image quality thanks to an Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) element and Super Spectra lens coatings
- Make quick focus adjustments with a dedicated manual focus ring
- A non-rotating front element ensures filters are easy to use
What’s in the box
- EF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Lens Cap E-5811
- Lens Dust Cap E
- User Manual