Experience the power of full-frame with the small, lightweight, Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera. Boasting a 26.2 megapixel sensor, exceptional focusing speed and 4K movies along with an intuitive interface, this modern camera is the next generation of image capture. Accepting Canon RF lenses, and existing EF and EF-S lenses via an EF-EOS R Mount Adapter (sold separately), this mirrorless camera ensures you can explore a new world of creativity with the world’s¹ fastest AF speed.
Features About the Canon EOS RP
- Small, lightweight EOS R series camera for the new generation of Canon RF lenses, plus use of existing EF and EF-S lenses via the EF-EOS R Mount Adapter (sold separately)
- The 26.2 megapixel CMOS full-frame sensor alongside DIGIC 8 processor, RF lenses and in-camera DLO and Dual Sensing IS² guarantees impressive results straight from the camera
- A comfortable EOS style grip for familiar, ergonomic use
- High resolution Vari-Angle touch screen and OLED electronic viewfinder help capture different angles and obscure compositions
- Capture all the action with up to 5 fps³ then process your images in-camera and share via the Camera Connect app
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF gives fast speed and accuracy with up to 4,779 selectable AF positions and low light AF down to -5 EV⁴. Eye AF keeps your portraits sharp and impactful
- Easily pair to smartphones or tablets for enhanced shooting, such as remote control with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
Accessible to everyone
See how the Canon EOS RP performs in the hands of enthusiasts and discover how they use the benefits of full-frame mirrorless plus EF and EF-S lenses to capture images packed with detail and depth.
A lightweight body with a faster, smarter lens mount
The Canon EOS RP is a practical, creative full-frame mirrorless camera with enormous creative potential thanks to the next generation RF lenses. The wide diameter, high communication speed and short back focus of the RF mount is the perfect starting point for your future full-frame system.
A new standard in full-frame image quality
The Canon EOS RP 26.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor works incredibly in low light thanks to a DIGIC 8 processor and in-camera DLO that give superb results direct from camera.
Shoot in a new way
The Canon EOS RP offers a new way of embracing the benefits of full-frame. Shoot with the dedicated range of full-frame RF lenses as well as the wide range of EF and EF-S lenses via adapter without compromising optical performance.
EOS handling with no compromise
A comfortable EOS style grip alongside a high resolution Vari-Angle touch screen and OLED electronic viewfinder inspires next generation handling in a lightweight 485g body.
Focus anywhere in an instant
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers an extended AF area as well as the world’s fastest AF speed2 at just 0.05 seconds over 4779 selectable AF positions, plus low light AF down to -5 EV3. Eye AF keeps your portraits sharp while focus bracketing offers maximum depth-of-field right across an image.
Shoot flexibly and connect seamlessly
From using Silent Mode to controlling the camera remotely via Wi-Fi. Capture all the action with up to 5fps with the option to process your images in-camera and share via the Canon Camera Connect app.
Create high quality and super-steady movies
Focus smoothly with Dual Pixel CMOS AF and film steady footage with Movie Digital IS and up to 4K resolution with a range of easy to use and edit codecs. Mic and headphone jacks bring full audio control and the Vari-Angle touch screen LCD gives stability and a clear view of your subject.
What’s in the box?
- EOS RP Body
- Camera Cover R-F-5
- Dedicated Camera Strap
- Battery Charger LC-E17E
- Battery Pack LP-E17
- AC Cable
- User Manual Kit
Sample Images of the Canon EOS RP
Specifications of the Canon EOS RP
|Body type||SLR-style mirrorless|
|Max resolution||6240 x 4160|
|Effective pixels||26 megapixels|
|Sensor size||Full frame (35.9 x 24 mm)|
|ISO||Auto, 100-40000 (expands to 50-102400)|
|Lens mount||Canon RF|
|Focal length mult.||1×|
|Articulated LCD||Fully articulated|
|Max shutter speed||1/4000 sec|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card (UHS-II supported)|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||485 g (1.07 lb / 17.11 oz)|
|Dimensions||133 x 85 x 70 mm (5.24 x 3.35 x 2.76″)|