Hoya 58mm HD Circular Polarizer Filter
Need help? Ask our experts.
Or inquire about potential savings.
Contact us with your questions
Feel free to reach out with any questions about our products, stock availability or our services.
get in touch
Looking For The Best Deal?
Reach out to our sales team! We’re here to guide you to exclusive offers and tailor-made deals that best suit you.
Pick up the product from our store
Free delivery on orders over £50
Get your item on the next working day!
Next Working Day
- Why Buy From Campkins:
- Payment Methods:
Features: Hoya 58mm HD Circular Polarizer Filter
- Circular Polarizer Filter
- 2x Filter Factor, +1 Stop
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
The Hoya 58mm HD Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity and features a thin, aluminum-alloy filter ring that can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, eight layers of anti-reflection multi-coatings are applied to the filter’s glass. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arranges, and filters, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Ideal for use with digital cameras and auto focus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- 2x filter factor reduces exposure by 1 stop.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity.
- Eight layers of anti-reflective multi-coating help prevent internal ghosting and reflections.
- Thin and durable aluminum-alloy filter ring minimizes the potential for vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect.
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport.
For more Hoya products see here.
Delivering/Collecting Your Order
We aim to deliver your product within 3-5 working days. Should there be any delay or an issue with stock availability we will contact you asap.
If you have specific delivery/order instruction you can write these in the order notes at checkout.
Collecting Your Order:
Sometimes you’ll want something even quicker than we can deliver. That’s why we offer you the option to order online and collect in-store. Before coming in to collect please call or email us to ensure stock is available.
For more information regarding delivery please see our delivery page.
Returning your product if it’s unwanted:
Please return your item unused and in original condition (as it was received by you) with proof of purchase within 14 days, and we’ll give you an exchange or refund.
We do ask when returning to use a reputable courier with a tracking service and the item to be fully insured. Please be aware that we’ll only process your refund once the item has been returned to and checked by our specialist; this can take up to 14 days.
Returning your product because it has a fault:
If your product develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it.
Ask us how we can offer you more value for your money. We’re always looking for the best price, even if we’re saving a couple of pounds. That’s why we’ll make it in our best interest to offer you the very best option should you find them cheaper. Our Price Match Promise
- We only price match against websites from retailers in the UK
- The product on our competitor’s site needs to be exactly the same as the one on our site
- The product must be in stock with the competitor and available for delivery within 10 days
- We don’t price match against other trade sites
- Unfortunately, we can’t price match if you’re using a finance plan.
- We may not able to price match the item but there are other ways we can bring better value to your potential purchase.
Paypal 0% Interest-Free Credit:
PayPal Credit is like a credit card, without the plastic. It’s a credit limit that’s attached to your PayPal account which you can use for your online purchases. Spend £99 or more and enjoy 0% interest for 4 months on your purchase. Find out more
- Add products to your basket
- Checkout with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit
- Apply for PayPal Credit and get an instant decision.
If you are approved you can complete your purchase immediately Representative example: Representative 19.9% APR (variable); Purchase rate 19.9% p.a. (variable); Assumed credit limit £1200. Subject to Status. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.