A versatile ultra-wide prime lens, the IRIX 11mm f4 Firefly Lens for Nikon F balances a sophisticated optical design with a lightweight, durable physical construction. Aspherical, extra-low dispersion, and high-refractive index elements are used to suppress color fringing, chromatic and spherical aberrations, as well as unwanted distortion, and also contribute to producing a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Neutrino coating has been applied to limit lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
Features of the IRIX 11mm f4 Firefly Lens for Nikon F
- Nikon F-Mount/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Two ED and Four HR Elements
- Neutrino Coating
- Manual Focus Design with Focus Lock
- Rubberized Focus Ring
- Depth of Field and Focus Distance Scales
- Weather-Sealed ABS Plastic Housing
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
We know how important it is to protect your gear. All Irix lenses are made with phenomenal precision. Each Irix lens is equipped with a weather sealed construction which protects the interior against dust and moisture. Thanks to inner seals, our lenses are also protected from accidental water splashes. No matter the journey, you can be confident that our weather sealed lenses will offer you maximum resistance to the extremes.
Firefly is the standard version equipped with three rubber seals that protect camera mount and focusing mechanism against dust, moisture and side accidental water splashes. Ergonomic focusing ring with rubber grip offers the freedom to operate with the camera. It is the most lightweight lens in its class.
- Infinity click – Enables quick, easy, and precise focusing. During focusing, you’ll feel the moment when your lens hits infinity, which is extremely useful when shooting in difficult lighting conditions (I.e. at night).
- Focus Lock – Allows you to lock the focusing ring in a specific position, which is extremely beneficial when you want to keep a specific focus plane, i.e. for astrophotography, or when using the hyperfocal scale.
- Focus Calibration Window – due to the specifics of focus detection in DSLR cameras (which are based on phase detection), sometimes it may happen that the lens needs synchronization with the camera. Thanks to this special window you can easily calibrate the lens at home using basic tools within 5 minutes. Fast, simple and effective!
- Rear Gel Filter Slot – Allows the use of neutral gray filters, (a unique feature of the Irix 11mm f/4.0), against the background of competing ultra-wide-angle builds that do not have the option of using filters.
- IRIX 11mm f4 Firefly Lens for Nikon F
- lens hood
- front lens cap
- 2 rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
- metal box
Specifications of the IRIX 11mm f4 Firefly Lens for Nikon F
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Angle of View||126°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.83″ / 27.5 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||Gel Filter (Rear)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||4.65 x 4.06″ / 118 x 103 mm|
|Weight||1.61 lb / 730 g|