The optical construction of the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF is superb, meeting the most demanding requirements of modern cameras. 15 elements in 11 groups include three elements of highly refractive glass and two of extra-low dispersion glass. Two aspherical lenses provide extremely high image quality and improve image brightness at the edges, while minimizing distortion and aberration.
With a minimum focusing distance of 0.28 metre (0.92 ft) and 9 rounded shaped aperture blades, the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF stands for supremely smooth out-of-focus areas.
Features of the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF
- Canon EF Mount
- Aperture Range: f/2.4 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Two ED and Three HR Elements
- Neutrino Coating
- Manual Focus Design with Focus Lock
- Rubberized Focus Ring
- Depth of Field and Focus Distance Scales
- Weather-Sealed ABS Plastic Housing
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
The optical construction of the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF, meeting the most demanding requirements of modern cameras. 15 elements in 11 groups include three elements of highly refractive glass and two of extra-low dispersion glass. Two aspherical lenses provide extremely high image quality and improve image brightness at the edges, while minimizing distortion and aberration.
Firefly is the standard version equipped with three rubber seals that protect camera mount and focusing mechanism against dust, moisture and accidental water splashes. Ergonomic focusing ring with rubber grip allows to have more freedom when operating the camera. It is the most lightweight lens in its class.
Makes for a lightweight journey
The same optical performance and high quality mechanism as the Blackstone, but implemented in a lightweight and handy design. Whether you sail, hike, drive or fly, the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF will make your journey extraordinary. The ergonomic focusing ring offers the freedom to capture the most ideal moment, whether it is big city architecture or wildlife scenery. Challenge accepted.
Intelligent Lens Design
The IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF has a module that allows you to control the lens’ iris directly from the camera, thanks to which popular semi-automatic modes (PASM) and data recording in EXIF format are available. The use of electronics also enable the lens to be equipped with a focus confirmation system – the camera will announce the correct focus setting (either in the form of an icon in the viewfinder or with a sound), every time you set the focus correctly – it’s easy and convenient!
It’s worth noting that Irix lenses have the appropriate correction profiles that are pre-loaded and readable by software (such as Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop), that will make your shooting experience even more enjoyable.
- Focus Lock-allows you to lock the focus ring in a specific position, which is extremely beneficial when you want to keep a specific focus plane i.e. in astrophotography, or when using the hyperfocal scale.
- Click at infinity – enables precise, easy, and quick focusing. During focusing, you will feel the exact moment when your lens sets to infinity, which is extremely useful when shooting in difficult lighting conditions (i.e. at night).
- Rear Gel filter slot– allows the use of Neutral Grey filters mounted on the rear of the lens, which is a unique feature of the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF and Irix 11mm f/4.0 lenses.
- 95mm front filter thread– allows you to use screw-in filters such as Irix Edge UV & Protector, Irix Edge Circular Polarizer, Irix Edge ND, and Irix Edge Light Pollution filter and others.
- Circular Polariser Adjustment Window– the lens hood is equipped with a sliding window, allowing you to freely rotate the polarizing filter without the risk of getting dirty.
- Compatible with Irix Edge IFH-100 Filter Holder – allows you to expand your creativity thanks to Gradual Neutral Density filters with different gradients: Soft, Hard and Reverse.
- Focus Calibration window – due to the specifics of focus detection in DSLR cameras based on phase detection, it may sometimes happen that the lens needs to sync with the camera. Thanks to this special opening, you can easily calibrate the lens at home using basic tools within 5 minutes. Fast, simple and effective!
- IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF
- lens hood
- front lens cap
- 2 rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
- metal box
Specifications of the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||110°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02″ / 28 cm|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||95 mm (Front) |
Gel Filter (Rear)
|Dimensions (ø x L)||4.49 x 3.94″ / 114 x 100 mm|
|Weight||1.28 lb / 581 g|
For More Irix lenses like the IRIX 15mm f2.4 Firefly Lens for Canon EF see here.
There are no reviews yet.