Professional f/1.2 50 mm prime lens
Optimised for the remarkable light-gathering capability of Nikon Z mirrorless cameras, this bright full-frame lens brings new levels of depth and detail to a classic focal length. You get unwavering autofocus and exceptional aesthetic control. Create your best work yet in the space where artistry meets precision.
Set your photography apart
Pin-sharp eyelashes set against elaborate bokeh. Iconic views with finely detailed point light sources. This lens’ incredible resolving power gives you a versatile brush with which to paint with the light. From magnetic portraiture to atmospheric movie scenes, realise your vision in pristine detail.
Unwavering, razor-sharp autofocus
Creating ultra-high-resolution photography? This full-frame mirrorless lens focuses quickly, smoothly, and ever so quietly. Your area of focus is rendered sharply, even when shooting at close distances or with shallow depth of field.
Superb aesthetic control in any light
The f/1.2 maximum aperture opens up your possibilities when available light is in short supply. If shooting backlit subjects, Nikon’s anti-reflection ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coat combat ghosting and flare for remarkably clean images.
Primed for any location
Wherever your shoot takes you, this lens’ superior build offers worry-free durability. All moving parts of the lens barrel are extensively sealed to keep dust and moisture out, and there is a rubber sealing around the metal lens mount.
When your vision is best realised in the video, this 50 mm prime lens gives you vast control over depth of field. From shorts to campaigns, footage can look powerfully cinematic. Focus breathing is virtually non-existent, and smooth exposure control ensures steady transitions between interiors and exteriors.
Quiet and precise, the silent control ring adjusts with just the right amount of torque. Use it for aperture, ISO, exposure compensation—or for manual focusing.
The OLED information-display panel ensures you won’t miss the details that count. Quickly and easily confirm aperture, focus distance, ISO, and depth of field.
You can assign different functions to the lens’ Fn button. Deftly control shooting parameters, including metering, display zooming, bracketing, and more.
NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S primary features
- Balances superior resolving power and the smooth and beautiful bokeh of the f/1.2 maximum aperture’s shallow depth of field.
- An ideal lens structure with perfect symmetry in front of, and behind, the aperture, realizes outstanding optical performance.
- The incredible resolution that faithfully reproduces the finest details throughout the entire frame.
- Gradated bokeh from the focal plane and outstandingly soft background bokeh.
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coat effectively reduces ghost and flare.
- Adoption of a multi-focusing system and stepping motors (STMs) realizes fast and accurate AF for still images and videos
- Designed to achieve superior dust- and drip-resistant performance* and equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for superior convenience.
- Adoption of L-Fn (lens function) button and a lens information panel supports the smooth operation.
- Focus breathing control that is effective not only with movie recording but also for focus shift shooting.
What’s in the box?
1 x Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S Lens
1 x LC-82B Lens Cap (front cap),
1 x LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap),
1 x HB-94 Lens Hood,
1 x CL-C2 Lens Case