The Nikon 70-200mm f4 G ED VR Lens is a high-performance telephoto zoom lens with a constant f/4 aperture for use with Nikon’s full-frame FX format SLRs. This lens is well-suited to events, travel, wildlife, and sports photography and is the first Nikkor lens to be equipped with Nikon’s next-generation Vibration Reduction system. The new VR system allows for up to 5-stop compensation, enabling users to shoot at shutter speeds five stops slower than would otherwise be possible. The Nikon 70-200mm f4 Lens offers a focal range of 105-300mm when used with a Nikon cropped sensor (DX-format) SLR. Other features include Nano Cyrstal Coating which reduces ghosting and flare, a SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet and accurate autofocus, a minimum focusing distance of 1 m and a ring-type AF-S motor to give full-time manual focus override.
Key features of the Nikon 70-200mm f4 G ED VR Lens
- FX-format telephoto zoom lens with 70–200mm focal range (105–300mm when used with a Nikon DX-format SLR)
- Constant f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range
- Vibration Reduction (VR) system: minimizes camera shake and lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to five stops slower.
- Nano Crystal Coat greatly reduces ghosting and flare
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet and accurate autofocus
- Two focus modes: A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority) and M (manual focus)
- Minimum focus distance: 1 m
- Lightweight body for a telephoto zoom lens
- RT-1 tripod collar ring (optional accessory and not inlcuded): enables the lens to be rotated freely for smooth transition between vertical and horizontal orientation