Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens, a first NIKKOR fisheye zoom lens, compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras. This single fisheye zoom lens supports both circular and full-frame fisheye effects.
Primary features of the Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens
- Enables shooting at an angle of view of 180° vertical and horizontal (circular fisheye) when zoomed all the way out, and 180° diagonal (full-frame fisheye) when zoomed close to all the way in with shooting in FX format
- A full-frame fisheye effect with a diagonal angle of view of up to 180° can be achieved in the range that begins at the DX mark* on the lens and ends at the maximum telephoto position with shooting in DX format
- Realizes very sharp and clear rendering from maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- A minimum focus distance of 0.16 m (0.5 ft.) and a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.34x enable sharp and clear rendering, even with shooting at close distances
- Adoption of three ED glass elements provides effective compensation for lateral chromatic aberration, minimizing color bleed at the edges of the frame
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted to effectively reduce ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
- Adopted a dust- and drip-resistant structure with all moving parts of the lens barrel
- Highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease, and dirt applied to the outer surfaces of the two lens elements at either end (front and rear) of the lens
The Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens supports the 8-15 mm range of focal lengths and maximum apertures of f/3.5-4.5. With FX-format cameras, circular fisheye images with an angle of view of 180° vertical and horizontal are achieved when the lens is zoomed all the way out (wide-angle position). Zooming close to all the way in enables full-frame fisheye images with a diagonal angle of view of 180°. Moreover, full-frame fisheye images with diagonal angles of view up to 180° can be achieved in the range that begins at the DX mark on the lens and ends at the maximum telephoto position when shooting in DX format.
Compatible with high-resolution Nikon digital SLR cameras boasting the latest optical designs, the Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens offers stable and superior image quality from maximum aperture throughout the zoom range, clearly and sharply rendering the entire image area, even when the aperture is stopped down. What’s more, the AF-S Fisheye NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED exhibits superior image quality with very little drop in resolution at the edges of the frame, even with shooting at the minimum focus distance of 0.16 m (0.5 ft.) from the focal plane, allowing users to get close to their subjects for dynamic compositions.
Specifications of the Nikon AF-S FISHEYE NIKKOR 8-15mm f/3.5-4.5E ED Lens
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Focal length||8–15 mm|
|Lens mount||Nikon F (FX)|
|Min focus||0.16 m (6.3″)|