The Nikon EDG 10×42 Binoculars are class-leading roof prism binoculars with superior ergonomics, 42 mm objective lens and 10x magnification. Nikon’s ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass lenses, dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and advanced multilayer lens coating combine to deliver superior light transmission and clear, high-resolution images with superb contrast, even in low-light.
Field curvature is minimized by the field flattener lens system that ensures a superior image all the way to the lens periphery. The large, easy to use focus knob covers the diopter adjuster, which helps prevent unintentional changes to the diopter setting. Extremely portable and highly durable, these waterproof and fog-free binoculars are ideal for trekking and nature watching.
Features of the Nikon EDG 10×42 Binoculars
- Phase-correction coated roof prisms for high-resolution images.
- Multilayer-coating on all lenses and prisms for remarkably bright, images, even in low-light.
- Eco-glass optics, free of lead and arsenic, are used for all lenses and prisms.
- Large focus knob prevents unintentional diopter changes for convenient operation.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click system make it easy to adjust the eyepoint for a full field of view.
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view, even when wearing glasses.
- Close focusing distance of only 3 m.
- Waterproof (to 5 m for 10 minutes) and fog-free, with O-ring seals and nitrogen gas.
Specifications of the Nikon EDG 10×42 Binoculars
|ens diameter [mm]||42|
|Angular field of view [deg]||6.5|
|Linear field of view [m/m]||114/1000|
|Exit pupil [mm]||4.2|
|Eye relief [mm]||18|
|Min. focusing dist. [m]||3|