The Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS Lens optical design is compact and lightweight, yet it provides a 300mm zoom at the telephoto end to dynamically bring your subject, such as wildlife or sports, up close. The powerful zoom gives you increased creative flexibility when shooting outdoors.
Features About the Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS Lens
- Focal length/aperture: 70-300mm F4.5-5.6
- Dual Image Stabilisation up to 5.5 stops compensation
- 0.5x magnification for half macro photography/videography
- Minimum focusing distance 0.54m at the wide end
- Dust/splash/freeze resistant
- Compact & lightweight – ideally paired with the S5 + 20-60mm to cover most focal distances
Superb Close-up Performance
With a minimum focusing distance of 0.54m* and a maximum magnification of 0.5x (at 300m), the 70-300mm allows you the freedom to shoot outstanding macro photography. Close-up views of small and sensitive subjects, such as birds and butterflies, can be easily captured from a distance.
* Closest focusing distance of 0.54m (at 70mm) / 0.74m (at 300mm).
Beautiful Rendition of Light
The 11-blade circular aperture diaphragm features an optimised blade shape and arrangement. This produces a beautiful rendition of light sources within your images, such as sunlight shining through tree leaves and colourful illuminations, by creating soft and exquisitely attractive beams of light.
Optical Image Stabilisation for Ultra-Sharp Photos
Combining the O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabiliser) in the lens and the Body I.S. in your LUMIX S Series camera*, the 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 powerfully compensates for the handshake, making it possible to use a 5.5-stop slower shutter speed.**
* 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2 can be used with the camera LUMIX S1H, S1R, S1 and S5, as of February 18, 2021.
** Based on the CIPA standard (Yaw/Pitch direction: focusing distance f=300mm, when LUMIX S5 is used).
Dust, Splash, and Freeze Resistant Design
The LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO O.I.S. is designed to keep shooting even in the toughest conditions thanks to its dust and splash resistant construction, even in temperatures as low as -10 °C.
* Dust and Splash Resistant does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this lens is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
S-R70300 Lens Construction
The optimised configuration has 17 elements in 11 groups, including two ED, one UED and one UHR lens to minimise aberrations and ensure superb resolution.
S-R70300 MTF Chart
Offering outstanding sharpness and resolution throughout the entire zoom range, this is an ideal lens for the LUMIX full-frame system and provides creative opportunities without compromise.
* For lenses that are capable of compensating distortion, the horizontal axis shows the distance from the centre of the corrected image.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS Lens
- 1 x Lens cap
- 1 x Lens rear cap
- 1 x Lens hood
Sample Images of the Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS Lens
Product Specifications of the Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS Lens
|Angle Of View||34°(Wide) – 8.3°(Tele)|
|Filter Thread [mm]||77|
|Focal Length ~ Tele [mm]||300.0|
|Focal Length ~ Wide [mm]||70.0|
|Included Accessories||Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood|
|Lens Type||Telephoto Zoom|
|Max Aperture ~ Tele||5.6|
|Max Aperture ~ Wide||4.5|
|Maximum Format Size||Full Frame|
|Minimum Focus Distance [m]||0.54|
|Size||84mm x 148mm|