Covering the equivalent of 29-88mm on a 35mm camera, this light and compact lens is ideal for general photography, giving wide angle, standard and short telephoto perspectives. Four stops of image stabilisation give you much more scope to shoot in low light too.
This 18-55mm lens contains aspherical lens elements for sharp, high contrast images, even at full aperture and the Super Spectra Coatings also combat reflections from image sensors and internal lens surfaces as well as maximising light captured and maintaining high contrast. A closest focusing distance of 25cm gives great opportunity for closeup photography too.
The rounded blades of the aperture of this lens give a pleasing, soft quality to out-of-focus areas of your image, helping to emphasise the main subject.
Optics are made with 100% Lead-Free Glass and lens is supplied with front and rear caps.
- Lens Construction: 11 Elements in 9 Groups
- Compatible Sensors: APS-C
- Angle of View (H): 64°30′-23°20′
- Angle of View (V): 45°30′-15°40′
- Angle of View (Diag): 74°20′-27°50′
- Aperture Blades: 6 (rounded)
- Minimum Aperture: f22-38
- Closest Focus: 0.25m
- Max Magnification: 0.34x at 55mm