Packed with features never seen before on entry-level telescopes, the Inspire 80AZ is the ultimate telescope for novice to intermediate astronomers. It is easy to set up, and features an integrated smartphone adapter, fully coated glass optics, an altazimuth mount with asymmetrical design, a steel tripod with fold-up accessory tray, red LED flashlight, erect image optics, and a focus micrometre.
Key Features: Celestron Inspire 80mm AZ Refractor Telescope
The Inspire has the easiest setup of any telescope in its class. Simply pop open the tripod legs, turn the lock knob on the accessory tray, and attach the telescope tube to the base using the quick release dovetail mount. You are now ready to observe!
The lens cap has an integrated smartphone adapter built into it. Place your smartphone against the rubberized friction surface on the outside of the cap so your camera is viewing through the imaging port. Secure the smartphone using the two adjustable bungee cords. The inside of the lens cap has a fitting that secures to your eyepiece using two set screws. Voila! You are now ready to take high power images through the telescope.
The mount has a red LED flashlight built-in. Turn the flashlight on to illuminate your accessory tray with a soft red glow. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
The focus micrometre is a numbered scale that indicates the focuser’s position. It allows quick return to a specific focus point for specific targets such as a bird nest, infinity focus, etc.
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 80mm
- Focal Length: 900mm
- Focal Ratio: f/11
- Optical Coating: Fully coated glass optics
- Eyepiece/Magnification: 20mm Kellner 45x, 10mm Kellner 90x
- Star Diagonal: Erect image 90 degree
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro
- Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
- Resolution: Rayleigh: 1.74 arc seconds / Dawes Limit: 1.45 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 131x the unaided eye
- Highest Useful Magnification: 189x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Tripod: Steel, 1.25” diameter
- Included Items: 80mm telescope tube, mount with tripod and folding accessory tray connected, red LED flashlight, 90 degree erect image diagonal, 20mm & 10mm Kellner eyepieces, StarPointer Pro finderscope, Free download of SkyPortal