Professional f/2.8 ultra-wide zoom lens
Elaborate landscapes. Mesmerising nightscapes. Striking architecture. With advanced optics and extensive sealing, this bright, full-frame 14-24 mm mirrorless lens is a true professional. Its superb rendering performance and compact build set it apart from any other ultra-wide-angle zoom out there.
Play it wide
This incredibly lightweight 14-24 mm zoom lens is a versatile creative tool. The wide Z mount and constant f/2.8 aperture enable a thrilling performance that rivals that of even fixed focal length lenses. Focusing is fast, smooth, and silent, and you can control shooting parameters directly from the lens.
A dynamic sense of place
Expansive views. Scene-setting interiors. From immersive ultra-wide compositions to wide establishing shots that create a real sense of place. Benefit from exceptional sharpness, detail, and colour—whether you shoot stills or movies.
Beautifully reproduced night scenes
Point light sources like stars, or lights in a cityscape, no longer require time-consuming edits. Superior optical performance and resolution ensure fine details around light sources are faithfully reproduced throughout the frame.
Outstanding optical performance
Clarity is exceptional throughout the frame. Light fall-off at the edges is effectively controlled, even when shooting wide open. Nikon’s Nano Crystal and ARNEO Coat drastically reduce ghosting and flare, even in backlit situations.
Smooth, silent, responsive
Whether the scene calls for stills or video, you get precise control over your shots. The zoom and focus rings adjust with just the right amount of torque. Autofocus is smooth and silent with virtually no focus breathing or focus-shift while zooming.
Tough and reliable
A true workhorse, this mirrorless lens is ready for even the most challenging locations. Extensive sealing around all moving parts of the lens barrel keeps dust and moisture out. An aluminium alloy mount reduces weight while increasing durability.
The NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S is the world’s shortest full-frame f/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom.¹ At just 650 g, it lets you cover more ground with ease.
The compact design enables the use of 112 mm screw-on filters together with the included, specialised lens hood. A rear filter slot allows the use of gel colour filters.
Made to Endure
Nikon’s fluorine coating repels water, dust, and dirt without compromising image quality. It also allows the front element of the lens to be cleaned more easily.
NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S primary features
- Adoption of a lens with aspherical surfaces on both sides for the front-most element, and a design that maximizes the advantages of the short flange focal distance, has helped to achieve the world’s shortest and lightest — approx. 124.5 mm and approx. 650 g respectively — lens in its class, while enabling superior optical performance.
- Effective suppression of sagittal coma flare*1 for superior point image reproduction characteristics that render stars as sharp points not only at the centre of the frame but all the way to the edges.
- Adoption of Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coat effectively reduces flare and ghosting caused by light.
- Designed to achieve superior dust- and drip-resistance*2 provides toughness and durability for outstanding reliability, and features a fluorine coating for superior antifouling performance
- Drive sounds have been quietened by the AF mechanism for which a stepping motor (STM) has been adopted, and the aperture mechanism.
- A “click-less” control ring is adopted for smooth operation and in consideration of eliminating unnecessary operational sounds with video recording.
- Equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism for greater convenience.
- Adoption of L-Fn (lens function) button and a lens information panel supports the smooth operation.
- When the dedicated lens hood (supplied) is attached, screw-on filters can be attached to the front of the lens. Sheet-type gel filters can also be inserted in the filter slot at the rear of the lens.
- The new Neutral Color NC Filter 112mm and Circular Polarizing Filter II 112mm are scheduled to be released at the same time as the NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S.
What’s in the box?
1 x Nikon NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
1 x LC-Z1424 Lens Cap (front cap),
1 x LC-K104 Lens Cap (front cap),
1 x LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap),
1 x HB-96 Lens Hood,
1 x HB-97 Lens Hood,
1 x CL-C2 Lens Case