The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight is a versatile, easy-to-use flashgun that is compatible with Nikon FX and DX SLR cameras, and Nikon’s Creative Lighting System. Despite boasting a range of advanced functions including 3 illumination patterns for total control flash coverage and A:B wireless mode for control of multiple Speedlights, the SB-700 is remarkably simple and intuitive to operate.
Key Features: Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flashgun
- Versatile I-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX format SLRs, and the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
- Multi-step power-zoom: covers a wide 24-120mm angle of view.
- Intuitive operation: the large, easy-to-read LCD screen and conveniently placed controls make it easy to adjust settings.
- Guide number: 25(EVEN)/28 (STD)/30 (CW) (FX-format, ISO 100, m, at 35mm). Maximum guide number: 38 (STD, FX-format, ISO 100, m, at 120mm).
- Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns can be selected to match the shooting situation at hand.
- High-speed recycling time: approx. 2.5 seconds when using NiMH or alkaline batteries and approx. 3.5 seconds with lithium batteries.
- A:B mode for quick wireless control: allows control of the light ratios of A and B group Speedlight units.
- Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.
- Automatic thermal protection system: warns of excessive heat build up during high intensity firing and delays recycling time if necessary.
- Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the attached camera’s color temperature settings according to the color of the filter being used.
- AF-Assist illumination: covers focal length of 24-135mm. Compatible with Multi-CAM3500 AF sensors