The Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 is the flagship model for stills photographers who demand the very best in image quality and speed. At its core is a 20.3MP sensor, which when combined with the Venus processing engine and 5-axis Dual I.S II system, is capable of delivering 80MP images in JPEG/RAW and burst shooting at 20fps with AF. The G9 also offers 4K60p video, 6K Photo Mode and dual SD card slots.
Key Features: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Digital Camera Body
- Perfect for wildlife and action photographers
- 20.3-megapixel Live MOS Sensor with no low-pass filter
- Advanced Body I.S. and 5-axis Dual I.S. with 6.5 stop compensation
- Capture 80-megapixel images in JPEG/RAW with new High Resolution Mode
- 20fps (AF-C) and 60fps (AF-S) continuous shooting
- World’s fastest AF speed of 0.04 seconds
- 4K and Full HD video recording up to 60p
- 6K and 4K Photo Mode
- (DFD) Depth from Defocus technology
- 3,680k-dots EVF with 100% field of view and 0.83x magnification
- Magnesium alloy splash-, dust- and freeze-proof construction
- 3.0″ 1040k-dot free angle LCD
- Dual SD memory card slots with UHS-II compatibility
New flagship camera combines speed and durability – the perfect match for wildlife photography
The ultimate outdoor and wildlife camera for stills photographers and evolving from the GH5’s high performance, the G9 achieves the highest-ever image quality in photo shooting by elevating resolution, gradation and colour reproduction with its 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor without low-pass filter. In addition to the above, it offers outstanding mobility with exceptional tracking performance and high-speed, high precision AF.
Get the shot every time with enhanced autofocus and fast frame rates
The 5-axis Dual I.S. 2 works for both photo and video, and the high-speed AF with Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology achieves the world’s fastest AF speed of 0.04 sec, which is the fastest in the industry. The Body Image Stabiliser is dramatically improved, making it possible to use 6.5-stop slower shutter speed, while a frame rate of 20fps is available at full-resolution with continuous autofocus (AF-C) to ensure you never miss a moment.
Capture stunning 80-megapixel images in both JPEG and RAW
Its new High Resolution Mode can deliver 80 megapixel (equivalent) images in both JPEG and RAW – ideal for landscape and macro photographers. In essence, this mode works by combining together 8 images taken concurrently while shifting the sensor – a tripod is therefore essential when using this mode.
4K video recording at 60p and 4K/6K Photo Mode
Both 4K Photo and 6K Photo are included to help you capture your best moments. Shoot at up to 30fps (6K) or 60fps (4k) and extract a still big enough to make large, high-quality prints.
Compose and capture your shots with ease
The large Live Viewfinder (LVF) offers a high magnification ratio of 0.83x (35mm equivalent) and, better yet, offers zero blackout even when shooting at high speeds, allowing you to always keep track of your subject. With a high-resolution of 3,680k-dots, the viewfinder offers a 100% view so you can always be sure that what you see is what you get. There’s also a night mode, plus an AF Point Scope integrated into the viewfinder design. For the rear monitor, a 3.0-inch free-angle LCD in 3:2 aspect with 1,040K-dot high resolution is equipped. The largest-in-class Status LCD on the top makes shooting even easier and more comfortable.
Ready to withstand heavy field use
The Lumix G9 is constructed of a magnesium alloy full die-cast front/rear frame and is not only splash proof and dustproof but also freezeproof down to -10 degrees centigrade.
- Post Focus: change the point of focus after shooting
- Focus Stacking: change the depth of field after shooting by combining multiple images
- Dual card slots: both compatible with the high-speed, high-capacity UHS-II
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity offer a more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation
- Function (Fn) lever: for rapid changes to settings, while a joystick is on hand to quickly change the focus point without the need to remove the camera from your eye