The Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM (Canon fit) is a large aperture standard zoom lens and covers focal lengths from 24mm. The lens is housed in a compact construction and provides an overall length of 94.7cm /3.7inch. The Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 IF EX DG HSM lens is ideal for general photography such as snapshots, portraiture and landscapes. The Super Multi Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting, whilst the ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass, two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical lenses provide excellent correction. Excellent optical performance is ensured throughout the entire zoom range, and the lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring a quiet and high speed AF as well as full time manual focusing capability. It has a minimum focusing distance of 38cm/15in and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.3.
Excellent optical performance
ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass, two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements, two molded glass aspherical lenses and a hybrid aspherical lens provide excellent correction for all type of aberrations. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
Large aperture standard zoom lens with compact construction
The lens has a compact construction with an overall length of 94.7mm (3.7″). It is ideal for many situations such as portrait, landscape and general photography.
F2.8 large aperture over the entire zoom range
This lens offers a large aperture of F2.8 over its entire zoom range. It provides freedom of creative expression and is ideal for photography indoors or in dim lighting.
Hyper Sonic MotorHSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) Hyper Sonic Motor
HSM ensures a quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus override by rotation of the focus ring.
Inner focusing system
The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation as well as providing high speed AF and convenient handling.
This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive blur to the out of focus areas.
Super Multi-Layer coatingReduced Flare and Ghosting
The super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides high contrast images throughout the lens’ focal length.
This lens is equipped with a Petal-type hood to block out extraneous light and reduce internal reflections.
- A large aperture high quality standard zoom lens for both digital and conventional SLR cameras
- Lightweight and compact dimensions of just 88x94mm
- The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures very fast and quiet autofocus
- SLD, ELD and Aspherical glass elements maintain optimum quality at all focal lengths
- Non rotating front element makes it suitable for use with polarising filters and the included petal type lens hood
- The inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation as well as providing high speed AF and convenient handling
- The rounded 9 blade diaphragm creates a soft, attractive blur to the out of focus areas of the image
- The super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides high contrast images throughout the lens’ focal length