Designed to deliver outstanding resolution, the Sigma 85mm f1.4 ART DG HSM Lens is a fast f1.4 prime lens that promises beautiful, precise bokeh effects. Constructed from 14 lens elements in 12 groups, it has 2 Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements to prevent chromatic aberrations, a newly-designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) for fast, quiet, and stable autofocusing, and water/oil repellent coating.
Key Features: Sigma 85mm f1.4 ART DG HSM Lens
- SIGMA USB DOCK makes customization and flexible adjustment possible.
- Applicable for the Mount Conversion Service that enables lenses to be long term assets
- Incorporating Rounded Diaphragm
- Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
- Brass made mount
- Water and oil-repellent coating ensures a pleasant photography experience
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Evaluation with SIGMA’s own MTF measuring system “A1”
- “Made in Japan” with the best craftsmanship
Design That Prioritizes Optical Performance—Without Compromise
- Outstanding Resolving Power and Minimized Chromatic Aberrations:
To create a top-performing 85mm F1.4 lens, SIGMA leveraged its latest innovations in design and materials. The result is the ultimate lens for portraits. By taking chromatic aberrations to the absolute minimum, this lens offers performance that goes beyond, including incredibly sharp resolution and a beautiful bokeh effect.
- Image Quality Perfect For Ultra-High-Megapixel Digital Cameras:
Ultra-high-megapixel full-frame DSLRs offering 50-megapixel or higher resolution are now available, and nothing will bring out the performance potential of these cameras better than the fundamental performance of the lens. The SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art incorporates two elements made of SLD (Special Low Dispersion Glass) and one element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion and a high index of refraction. These features help ensure a clear image throughout the plane. The optical system also minimizes sagittal coma flare for outstanding image quality without streaking – even at wide-open aperture.
- SIGMA’s Fifth Large-Diameter F1.4 Lens For Full-Frame Sensors:
Among its new product lines, this is the fifth large-diameter F1.4 lens SIGMA has introduced for cameras with full-frame sensors. SIGMA is the only lens manufacturer that covers 20-85mm at F1.4 brightness in its line-up. This latest lens reflects their experience with this specification and insistence on offering only the best.
- Beautiful Bokeh Effect That Only A Large-Diameter Lens Can Offer:
Elements made of SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass and an optimized power distribution help minimize axial chromatic aberration. In the areas in front of and behind the point of focus, the optical system produces an attractive and natural bokeh effect by producing a smooth gradation of focus and minimizing streaking.
An All-New Lens That Leverages Sigma’s Latest Design Technologies
- Newly Designed HSM for Nimble AF Control:
The newly designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds, it offers exceptionally stable performance, and the updated AF algorithm helps ensure nimble autofocus performance. In addition, full-time manual focus override allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring—even during continuous AF. The user can quickly find the perfect focus without needing to touch the focus mode switch.
- Compatible with Mount Converter MC-11:
Mount Converter MC-11 allows you to use your SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA EOS mount (Canon-compatible) interchangeable lenses with the Sony E-mount camera body. Owners of multiple camera systems can get even more out of their valuable lens assets, while Sony E-mount camera owners can enjoy the world of large-diameter mid-telephoto photography.