The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX10 joins Sony’s RX series, with the ability to shoot high-quality, DSLR-style images in a compact body that’s lightweight and travel-friendly. Combining the best elements of the Sony RX100 II and the R1 cameras, the RX10 offers a 24-200mm lens with f2.8 maximum aperture and a 20.2MP CMOS sensor, which together deliver detailed, true-to-life images. Its magnesium-alloy body brings a tiltable 3.0″ LCD and an EVF for edge-to-edge visibility, accurate framing and maximum control over your stills and videos. Additional features include Wi-Fi with NFC, Full HD movie recording and full manual control.
Cyber-Shot RX10: Key Features
- Versatile bridge camera perfect for travel
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- 24-200mm (35mm equiv.) 8.3x zoom
- F2.8 maximum aperture over the entire zoom range
- 20.2 MP1.0-type CMOS sensor
- Full HD (1920 x 1080 – 60p/25p) movie recording
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- Mic/headphone socket
- Full Manual Control – P/A/S/M modes
- Multi Interface Shoe for attaching accessories
- Close up focusing distance: 3 cm
Why buy the RX10?
- Delivers DSLR results in a smaller and lighter body
- Ideal for taking Full HD videos and capturing life-like stills that stand out
- A constant f/2.8 aperture for making the subject stand out against its background
- Great for capturing the atmosphere in low light, without the use of flash
- Versatile 24-200mm zoom range – perfect for everyday shooting and travel
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity – shoot and share with loved ones anytime
One versatile lens, multiple scenarios:
The Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 lens delivers quality you’d expect from your DSLR camera’s interchangeable lenses. Enjoy bright, beautiful images from wide-angle to telephoto. Optical SteadyShot ensures blur-free images, from stunning portraits with beautifully defocused backgrounds to street scenes and atmospheric interiors.
Focus on the moment:
Keep locked on your target with speedy, pin-sharp autofocus that even tracks moving subjects. You’ll get crisp, sharp results every time, thanks to the Direct Drive SSM mechanism that works in harmony with the high-quality lens, 20.2 megapixel 1.0-type back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and powerful BIONZ X processor.
Framing shots is a pleasure through the high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder that offers crisp edge-to-edge visibility plus a wide viewing angle. There’s also clear, bright 3.0-type White Magic 1,229K-dot LCD that tilts up or down for comfortable compositions with the camera held in any position.
Made for better movies:
Capture sparkling, low-noise Full HD video at 24p or 50p/60p progressive frames per second. Get the right look with full control over P/A/S/M exposure modes. Capture crisp sound with the pro-style external microphone input and level controls. View your footage live on an external monitor, or record directly to your PC or a separate storage device.
Easy sharing, no wires:
Connect with Wi-Fi and transfer photos wirelessly to your iPad, iPhone or Android smartphone. And if you’re using an Xperia or NFC-compatible smartphone or tablet, just one touch is all it takes to connect with your mobile. Install PlayMemories Mobile Version 3.0 on your phone and use it as a handy remote to fire the camera’s shutter.