Stunning F1.4 resolution in a mobile prime lens
Unsparing application of leading-edge technology achieves refined G Master performance with consistently high resolution and soft, natural bokeh even at the widest F1.4 aperture setting. The lens is both compact and the lightest in its class2, maximizing portability. It also offers fast, precise AF drive, top-level control and reliability.
Advanced optical technology achieves spectacular resolution even at F1.4
Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements in an optical design that meets stringent G Master requirements contribute to consistently high resolution throughout the image area. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are also included to effectively suppress chromatic aberration. This innovative optical design minimises sagittal flare so that point light sources are accurately reproduced.
State-of-the-art optical design faithfully reproduces point sources
A new optical design incorporating two precision XA elements suppresses sagittal flare, a common aberration in large-aperture lenses. Sagittal flare can cause an unnatural spreading of point light sources that becomes more pronounced towards the image periphery.
Innovative optical design in a compact, lightweight lens
A new optical design that reduces overall lens diameter by employing two XA elements, one for the front element that is normally the largest in a lens, combines with a newly developed DDSSM (Direct Drive SSM) focus drive system to achieve a remarkably light total weight of just 445 grams (15.7 oz.) . The reduced size and weight of this lens makes it an ideal match for compact E-mount bodies, providing outstanding mobility.
Breathtaking G Master bokeh
An 11-blade circular aperture enhances soft, natural-looking bokeh achieved through advanced design and a manufacturing process that includes precise control of spherical aberration. A minimum focusing distance of 0.24 meters (0.79 ft.) and maximum magnification of 0.17x mean close-up capability that, combined with the lens’s wide-angle view, can produce dramatic perspectives that also make good use of deep, lush bokeh.
Image of Fast, precise, quiet AF for stills and movies
A newly designed high-power DDSSM optimized for this lens, delivers approximately three times greater thrust than the previous focus drive system. The increased power of the new DDSSM system provides faster, more precise, quieter autofocus drive capability, for outstanding performance when shooting stills and movies.
Image of Professional control and dependability for stills and movies
Customizable focus hold button, aperture ring, aperture click switch, Linear Response MF, dust and moisture resistant design3, and fluorine front-element coating adds up to fully professional control and reliability for movies as well as stills.
Features of the Sony FE 24mm f1.4 G Master Lens
- Supreme G Master optical design with 13 optical elements, 2 XA elements and ED glass and Nano AR coating for outstanding bokeh quality and extreme resolution
- This also limits sagittal flare at the edges of the image, particularly important for astrophotography
- Fast, precise and accurate autofocus using a newly developed Direct Drive SuperSonic Motor (DDSSM focus drive)
- Advanced optical technology achieves high resolution, even at maximum aperture F1.4
- Fast, precise, quiet focusing along with professional control and reliability for stills and movies
- Compact and lightweight design with a filter diameter of f67mm and measures just 75.4mm x 92.4mm and weighs a mere 445g
- Target usage: landscape, wedding, street photography, astrophotography
What’s in the box?
- Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
- Sony ALC-F67S 67mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH154 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty