The Sony FE 70-200mm f2.8 GM OSS telephoto zoom joins Sony’s flagship G Master (GM) brand of professional interchangeable E-mount lenses. The lens comes with a dust and moisture resistant body and offers extremely high rendering, AF performance and image stabilisation, making it a versatile choice for shooting wildlife, sports, weddings, gigs and a variety of other events. Additional features include a 0.96m minimum focusing distance, Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation for capturing sharp, blur-free images and an advanced double-linear and ring SSM for fast, accurate AF during still and video work.
Sony 70-200mm f2.8 G Master Lens: Key Features
- For Sony’s mirrorless cameras
- Sony E-mount full-frame (FE) & APS-C
- Short to medium telephoto zoom
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Ideal for sport, portraits, nature, weddings, night scenes, events
- Delivers extraordinary sharpness and clarity throughout the entirety of its zoom range
- Offers extremely high rendering, AF performance and image stabilisation
- XA, Super ED and ED lens elements and Nano AR coating
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- Compatible with Sony’s 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters
An F2.8 telephoto zoom like no other
G Master design and technology in a new constant F2.8 telephoto zoom that offers unsurpassed rendering, blazing AF, and extraordinary image stabilization performance.
Extraordinary detail and bokeh in one lens
An XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01 micron surface precision contributes to previously unachievable resolution and stunning bokeh for new expressive potential.
Natural images without spurious colour
Four ED and two Super ED glass elements suppress chromatic aberration for maximum resolution and natural colour without bleeding throughout every image at all focal lengths.
Class-leading close-up performance
Minimum focusing distance is 0.96m, for up to 0.25x magnification. A floating focus mechanism minimizes distortion and aberration that normally limit close-up performance.
Fast AF optimized for stills and video
Advanced double-linear and ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) actuators provide the precision and power required for both still and video AF in this full-size, heavy lens.