The Tamron 90mm f2.8 SP Di USD VC 1:1 Macro lens is a short telephoto prime designed for full-frame DSLRs and optimised for close-up shooting. The lens offers a life-size magnification ratio of 1:1 and inherits many of the standout features that made its predecessor so popular, in addition to a couple of new enhancements to improve overall performance. XY-Shift compensation has been newly added to reinforce VC functionality, further improving image stabilisation capabilities at any shooting distance from infinity to macro. Also, the near-silent USD (Ultra Silent Drive) motor has been fine-tuned for faster, more precise and quieter autofocusing, and it also supports full-time manual override.
Key Features: Tamron 90mm f2.8 SP Di USD VC Macro Lens
Builds on the Outstanding Optical Performance of the Legendary Tamron 90mm Macro
- Delivers excellent resolving power and remarkably soft background blur effects (bokeh)
- Advanced construction includes one LD (Low Dispersion) glass element and two XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements
- Special elements optimally compensate for on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations
- Uses the Floating System shifts the location of a group of elements to the best possible position during focusing
- Achieves outstanding image quality
VC Enhanced with Shift Compensation
- Integrated accelerometer to compensate for movement on the x-y plane
- Working with a gyro sensor, the accelerometer detects and enables motion compensation for camera shake
- Provides maximum efficiency in image stabilization optimized for all focal lengths
USD Actuator maximized for Macro Photography
- Improved focusing speed and accuracy
- Quickly addresses any out-of-focus condition caused by back-and-forth camera movement ensuring better results when shooting at close range
Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant
- Special seals provide stronger protection against the intrusion of dirt, dust and moisture
- The switches, the boundary between the focus ring, and the lens barrel are all protected
- Provides additional protection & assures even more wide-ranging opportunities for using this lens
Durable Fluorine Coating
- The Fluorine Coating is a water and oil repellent coating
- Makes the front lens surface much easier to keep clean and remove dust.
Advanced Coating Technology
- Features two advanced coating technologies to provide anti-reflection performance
- Coatings are applied to critical element surfaces for maximum light transmission
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating boasts outstanding anti-reflection performance across nearly the entire range of visible rays
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating utilizes traditional multi-layered, anti-reflection technology
- Combined, they virtually eliminate extraneous reflections, ghosting, and flare
- Enables the lens to achieve flawless, crystal clear images.
Circular Aperture to Achieve Beautiful, Rounded Blur Effects
- The 9-blade diaphragm retains a nearly perfect circular opening
- Creates beautiful circular highlight blur (bokeh) for pinpoints of light in the out of focus background
- In combination with the optical design, spectacular background blur effects can be achieved.
Focusing Options Perfectly Suited to a Macro Lens
- The focus limiter makes it possible to shorten the time for accurately focusing on a subject when the working range is known
- The lens also features an Internal Focusing system, so the overall length of the lens never changes
- The user is assured of a comfortable working distance of at least 139 mm (5.5 in.) from the front of the lens
- There is also a Full-time Manual Focus override mechanism which makes it possible to make manual fine focusing adjustments without switching the AF-MF mode back and forth
Compatibility with TAMRON TAP-in Console
- Update firmware, customize autofocus positions and adjust the mechanical setup and preferences of the 90mm lens
- Simply attach it to the TAMRON TAP-in Console and connecting it via USB to a personal computer
Digital Image Editing Software Optimized for Tamron lenses
- SILKYPIX Developer Studio, a RAW conversion/editing program preloaded with correction menus based on Tamron lens profiles, is included
- Lens profile information has been supplied to Adobe Systems, Inc. for more sophisticated adjustments in RAW processing when using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
Tamron: A New SP Design Concept
Beginning with the SP 35mm and SP 45mm, Tamron has utilized a new design concept to enhance the outstanding performance provided by the SP Series lenses. Our attention to every engineering detail has resulted in the most advanced optical and electro-mechanical designs being incorporated in SP Series lenses, creating a new benchmark for high performance and visual elegance. The design philosophy embraces the importance of comfortable, ergonomic operation and positive tactile feedback, crucial factors in all types of photography. The newly designed all-metallic barrel features an embedded concave ring at the base of the lens – for a firm hold and comfort necessary for a steady shot. Switches are larger and reconfigured for smoother function and the typeface has been redesigned for intuitive legibility.