The Canon EF 28mm f2.8 IS USM Lens is the world's first wide-angle prime with Image Stabilisation and is an ideal all-purpose lens for full frame cameras and features Canon’s classic compact prime design. The fast f2.8 maximum aperture and Image Stabilisation (IS) enables hand-hand photography without the need for flash and permits the use of shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal. A seven-bladed circular aperture provides beautiful bokeh, while Super Spectra coatings reduces flare. Canon’s ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, near silent focusing with full-time manual-focus override for fine adjustment. Weighing at just 260g and measuring a compact 68.4mm x 51.5mm in size, the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM is a great, lens that you can take everywhere.
High-quality wide-angle lens
A 28mm wide-angle prime lens offering an 75° angle of view on full-frame DSLRs. On EOS cameras with APS-C sized sensors it makes a great standard lens, offering the equivalent view to a 45mm lens on a full-frame camera.
Shoot in low-light conditions
A maximum aperture of f/2.8 permits hand-held photography in available light without the use of flash. Image stabilisation allows shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal to be used without the risk of camera shake.
Fast, quiet autofocus
Canon’s ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, near-silent focusing. Full-time manual-focus override permits fine adjustment without changing focus modes.
Get as near to your subject as 0.23m, and enjoy a dramatic wide-angle perspective.
Space- saving design
Weighing just 260g and measuring 68.4mm x 51.5mm in size, the EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM is a lens you can take everywhere. Great for travel, landscape and documentary photography.
Designed for great image quality A seven-bladed circular aperture provides beautiful bokeh, while Super Spectra coatings reduce flare. The EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM classic prime-lens design minimises distortion and aberrations, which can degrade image quality.
Area of use
Perfect for landscape and travel photography and reportage applications, when a wide-angle field of view enables dramatic close-up shooting.
- A 28mm lens suited to landscape and reportage photography.
- Field of view equivalent to a 45mm lens on DSLRs with APS-C sized sensors.
- Work with shallow depth of field and in low-light with a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture.
- Shoot hand-held flash-free images at shutter speeds up to four stops slower with Image Stabilizer technology.
- Ultrasonic motor for fast, near-silent focusing and full-time manual focus.
- Seven diaphragm blades generate a circular aperture for beautiful background blur.
- Super Spectra coatings reduce ghosting and flare.