User-friendly touch interface
Use the award-winning ergonomic interface with intuitive touch screen (1,040k sRGB dots) to focus and shoot with a single tap, navigate menus and view images with ease. The screen tilts up through 180˚ (ideal for selfies) and down by 45˚ for high-angle shooting.
fast, responsive focusing
React instinctively to the moment and catch fast moving action with ease thanks to continuous full resolution shooting at 4.2 frames-per-second – even when shooting in RAW.
Fast, sharp autofocus
Focus up to 6.1x faster than the original EOS M thanks to advanced Hybrid CMOS AF III. Autofocus locks on quickly and accurately for pin-sharp results with 49 AF points spread out across the frame, covering 80 percent of the frame vertically and 70 per cent horizontally.
Wi and NFC
You can easily transfer images and movies to smartphones, tablets etc. using Wi-Fi and NFC for quick uploading to social networks or on a TV.
Unleash your inner artist with Creative Assist, which gives you easy control over camera settings via the touch-screen. You can preview your adjustments in real time, learn how they translate into traditional camera settings and even save and share your favourite settings.
Full manual control
Take full expert level control any time you like with features such as the ergonomically placed Front Dial, an exposure compensation dial and extensive custom functions to suit your shooting style. Shoot in 14-bit RAW for advanced post shot editing.
Expand your system
Change your lens and see the world from a different point of view. Choose from the EF-M lens range or use one of over 70 lenses designed for EOS DSLRs via the Mount Adapter EF-EOS M. Add other optional accessories such as EOS Speedlite flashes, an electronic viewfinder or external microphone.
Shoot movies like you shoot photos
Create superb Full HD (1080p) movies at 30fps in MP4 format with fast, smooth autofocus thanks to the advanced Hybrid CMOS AF III. Touch AF in movies lets you create smooth, cinematic pull-focus effects, and Manual Focus Peaking shows sharp areas of the scene. You can also shoot creative movies with manual control over shutter speed, aperture and ISO.
- Superb image quality, even in low light, from a 24.2-megapixel DSLR-type sensor
- Advanced controls and a range of creative modes
- Responsive performance powered by DIGIC 6 processing
- Autofocus locks on quickly and confidently for pin-sharp results
- Connect wirelessly to your smartphone or Wi-Fi network for easy image backup and remote camera control
- Capture fast action at 4.2 frames-per-second
- Creative Assist allows easy camera control. Preview adjustments in real time, and save and share your favourite camera settings
- Shoot still photos and movie footage together with Hybrid Auto
- Swap lenses and take a different view. Plus, access over 70 EF and EF-S lenses via a lens adapter (not included)
- Intuitive touch-screen interface gives you instinctive camera control
- Get creative with movies. There’s plenty of manual control and an external microphone socket delivers a great soundtrack