The Nikon compact 300mm telephoto lens combines superior optical performance and swift autofocus operation with portability, making it ideal for action/sports photography and general photographic applications.
Nikon's exclusive built-in Silent Wave Motor, a key feature of the new lens, ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation. The incorporation of ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements in a new optical design also contributes to the high optical performance of the f/4D IF-ED lens. And the new lens is designed to be usable with the AF-I Teleconverter TC-14E attached, enabling 420mm supertelephoto photography while maintaining superior optical quality.
While the lens has been designed for maximum autofocus performance, it can also be used as a manual focus lens with other Nikon SLR models. The advanced M/A mode lets you switch quickly from automatic to manual focusing, even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag. Furthermore, manual focusing operation consumes no power.
This new lens represents a significant addition to the AF-S Nikkor lens lineup, enabling photographers to shoot in a broader range of situations
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor enables swift autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation
- Newly designed optical system ensures superior optical performance
- Designed to deliver high optical performance even with AF-I teleconverter attached
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glasses minimise chromatic aberration, provide higher resolution and superior contrast
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating enables superior colour reproduction while minimising ghosts and flare
- Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- 1.45m closest focusing distance
- IF (Internal Focusing) ensures fast AF operation and closer focusing distance
- M/A mode enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus, even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- New easy-to-use design with simulated leather finish for superior grip
- Easy, smooth manual focusing operation
- Simulated leather finish for superior grip
- No power required for manual focusing operation
- Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing
- Built-in lens hood effectively minimises stray light
- Dust- and water drop-resistant design
- Detachable tripod mounting foot provided