The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens is an ultra compact, lightweight standard zoom lens that has a 27-82.5mm equivalent zoom range and is designed for use with compact DX-format DSLRs. This lens offers the most basic zoom range in the DX lens series and will conveniently cover everything from tight indoor portraits to standard snap shots. The innovative Vibration Reduction (VR) system allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions. It minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3 stops (8 times) faster.
The Nikon Super Integrated Coating used in this lens minimizes ghosting and flare to provide even higher contrast and more vivid images, even in challenging light conditions. This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum. Also, it has a minimum focus distance of 11" and a 52mm filter diameter. And, a rounded 7-blade diaphragm will provide smooth out-of-focus elements.
- A versatile DX format zoom lens providing wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives with a 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-82.5mm.
- A very compact and lightweight build makes this an effective camera for travel and everyday carry.
- Nikon's Vibration Reduction image stabilization reduces the blur caused by camera shake for sharper images in dim light and when shooting handheld.
- The Silent Wave Motor provides fast, smooth and near-silent autofocus action, particularly important when shooting video.
- Super Integrated Coating applied to lens elements improves light transmission and reduces ghosting and flare.
- Minimum focusing distance is 11" from focal plane
- Works on FX-format cameras in DX crop mode.