24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
Capture unforgettable high-definition images. Big prints look superb and you can crop images without losing any detail.
New to D-SLR photography? Guide Mode
Using sample images and clear step-by-step instructions, Guide Mode shows you exactly how to shoot great photos and movies.
Stand out from the smartphone crowd by sharing high-quality photos! Use Nikon’s optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter* to upload images from the D3300 via a smart device.
Stunning low-light performance
Shoot clear images in any light. With an ISO range of 100–12,800 (extendable to 25,600 equivalent) you can capture all the details in dark situations.
Nikon’s fast and powerful image processor enables high-speed operation and boasts advanced noise reduction capabilities so you get crystal-clear images with true-to-life colour in any light.
5 fps continuous shooting
Shoot the action at a swift 5 frames-per-second and capture fleeting movements or expressions at exactly the right moment.
Full 24.2-megapixel power
Specifically designed without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), the D3300’s image sensor makes the most of its 24.2-megapixel resolution to sharply capture even the finest textures and render images with incredibly crisp detail.
With 13 different effects to choose from, the D3300 makes it easy to add a touch of artistry to your photos and movies. Simply select Effects Mode and choose the option you want to apply before shooting. Try Pop to brighten colours; fit the whole view in with Easy Panorama; or use Toy Camera to create a retro effect.
Razor-sharp 11-point AF system
No matter how quickly or erratically your subject is moving, the D3300 keeps everything in focus. Its razor-sharp 11-point autofocus system with a cross-type sensor in the centre will quickly lock onto your subject and keep it in sharp focus whether it’s off-centre, moving fast, or it’s completely unpredictable.
Go cinematic—Full HD movies
Use the camera’s D-Movie function to make movies you’ll be proud of. You can record sharp Full HD (1080p) video clips in any light at frame rates up to 50p/60p with continuous autofocus, meaning you get smooth recordings of even fast-moving action, plus a remarkable level of sharpness and clarity.
Large LCD screen
Make the D3300 as easy to shoot with as a compact camera or smartphone by using the large 7.5 cm (3.0-in) LCD monitor to capture photos and movies. Compose or review shots and apply special effects with clarity thanks to the wide viewing angle and 921k-dot resolution.
Access D-Movie and Live View via dedicated one-touch buttons. Use the i button on the back of the camera to bypass the camera’s main menu and quickly change settings while you shoot. When shooting with the viewfinder, you can choose between a classic interface and a graphic interface that animates settings, so it’s easier to see what you’re doing.
Shooting through the D3300’s clear, wide viewfinder makes it easy to capture perfectly timed photographs, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects from a distance.
Weighing just 410 g (body only) and boasting a small retractable kit lens, the lightweight D3300 makes it more comfortable than ever to carry a D-SLR. Despite its compact dimensions, a large comfortable grip makes it easy to hold the camera steady as you capture vibrant images of important moments wherever they take place.
Take advantage of Nikon’s renowned DX-format NIKKOR lenses that are designed to make the most of the D3300’s high pixel count. Enjoy photos and movies with vivid colour, striking contrast, and crisp detail: Use fast prime lenses for stunning portraits, try a micro lens for life-size close-ups, or a telephoto for clear images of distant subjects.
- Camera body only, no lens included
- 24.2MP DX-format sensor with no OLPF
- Guide Mode: Clear, step-by-step assistance
- Superb low-light performance: ISO 100–12,800 (expandable to ISO 25,600 equivalent)
- Fast and powerful EXPEED 4 image processing engine
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- Razor-sharp 11-point AF system with a cross-type sensor in the centre
- 420-pixel RGB metering sensor with Nikon’s Scene Recognition System
- D-Movie: Full HD movies at frame rates up to 50/60p
- Built-in microphone and compatibility with Nikon’s ME-1 Stereo Microphone
- Easy wireless connectivity: Via Nikon’s Wu-1a Mobile Adapter
- Special Effects mode: 13 distinctive effects for still images and movies
- 6 Scene Modes
- Large LCD screen: 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) with wide-viewing angle and 921K-dot resolution
- Optical viewfinder with approximately 95% frame coverage and 0.85x magnification
- Small, lightweight body: Approx. 124×98×75.5 mm. Weighs just 410 g (without battery and memory card)
- Stable grip for secure handling
- Expandable system: Compatible with the full range of NIKKOR DX-format lenses and entry-level Nikon Speedlights