24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor
From extreme wide-angle to super-telephoto, capture incredibly detailed images with smooth tonal gradations and low noise when shooting at high ISOs.
Quiet Release burst mode
Perfect for wildlife photography, the sound of the camera’s mirror return mechanism is noticeably reduced during the burst, so it’s easier to capture elusive subjects.
6 fps continuous shooting
Shoot sharp shots of fast-moving action at six-frames-per-second in both FX and DX formats.
Highly sensitive autofocus
Benefit from superior subject acquisition with the Multi-CAM4800 39-point AF system. Compatible with lenses up to f/8 combined open aperture and sensitive down to -2 EV, the D610 shoots sharp, even under the light of the full moon.
Durable and lightweight
Built to withstand severe conditions, the camera boasts magnesium alloy top and rear covers and weighs only 760 g (without battery). Weather-sealed to the same degree as Nikon’s professional D800 DSLR, it offers enhanced resistance to moisture and dust.
Precision 3.2-inch 921k-dot, VGA LCD monitor with automatic monitor brightness control.
Delivers bright, crisp image playback with a wide colour reproduction capacity.
With approx. 100% frame coverage and 0.7x magnification. Offers DX Crop Mode with viewfinder marking
EXPEED 3 image processing engine With 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
Scene Recognition System
The camera’s image sensor and its 2,016-pixel RGB sensor provide precise data to the Scene Recognition System, which optimises exposure, autofocus, and white balance immediately before the shutter is released, generating sharply defined images.
In-camera time-lapse function
Create time-lapse photography through simple menu operations, with no need for elaborate calculations and editing. Use interval timer shooting to trigger the shutter at preset intervals. Use time-lapse photography to save images as movie files and view slow action in fast playback, with playback rates from 24 to 36,000 times faster than normal.
Dual-axis electronic virtual horizon
You can confirm the camera's position relative to the horizontal plane and its pitch (forward or rear rotation) using the LCD monitor or the viewfinder.
Twin SD card slots
Two SD memory card slots offer enhanced shooting flexibility. Use the second card when the first is full, or record stills on one and movies on another. SDXC and UHS-I compatible.
- Nikon's latest lightweight 24.3-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor delivers outstanding levels of detail and tonal range, even in low light situations
- High-speed, high-performance EXPEED 3 image-processing engine - transforming digital data into superior quality images with smooth colour and spectacular detail.
- High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 6 fps and newly developed quiet continuous shooting (Qc mode) at approximately 3 fps
- Auto white balance that achieves natural colour reproduction
- The Nikon D610 enables superior subject acquisition in most lighting conditions thanks to Nikon's Multi-CAM4800 39-point AF system