The Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 300mm f/4.0 IS Pro is the world’s most compact, versatile and stable 300mm telephoto lens (as of Dec 2015).
This Olympus 300mm Micro Four Thirds fit Lens also has the world’s most powerful 6-step image stabilisation system (in combination with matching Olympus camera models) and boasts the shortest focusing distance for telemacro photography in the category - just 1.4m from subject to camera.
Stabilisation ensures image quality
The M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm 1:4.0 IS PRO benefits from a world-first Sync IS mechanism that coordinates with the 5-axis system fitted to the OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II models. The result is enhanced compensation by 6 EV steps. This stabilises handheld stills and the EVF display, and reduces shake noticeably when recording video.
The Olympus 300mm is equipped with a series of useful features to make it versatile eay to use. The focus clutch allows the photographer to switch between pre-defined focus settings and the len’s own super-fast, high-precision AF. On the top of the lens barrel there are three switches that can likewise be operated without glancing up from the viewfinder, using just one finger. On the left, the L-Fn switch can be customised to trigger one of 27 assignable functions. Next along is the On/Off switch for the in-lens IS, for use with a tripod or stable perch. The other switch toggles the focussing area. The short-shot potential of this lens is likewise exceptional, offering magnification of 0.48x with as little as 1.4 metres between the subject and the camera.
Thanks to the robust design of this Lens, a passing shower or dust storm won’t get in the way of that one-off telemacro or any other outdoor shot.
- Highly portable professional super-telephoto Micro Four Thirds Lens
- Extremely fast AF
- Ideal for handheld close-ups without blur
- Aircraft hand luggage compliant due to compact design
- Approx 1/4 the weight of comparable DSLR rival lenses
- Barrel-mounted one-finger photo clutch for AF/pre-set focus switching
- IS On/Off switch for tripod use, L-Fn switch for 27 assignable functions
- Arca Swiss-compatible for quick tripod mount and release (with adapter)
- Robust design: dust-, freeze and splashproof