The Panasonic 15mm f1.7 Leica Summilux DG ASPH lens is a lightweight, fast wide-angle prime with Micro Four Thirds lens mount and robust metal design. The lens allows photographers to capture stunning pictures with beautiful bokeh and offers an angle of view equivalent to 30mm on full frame. The lens incorporates a superior inner focusing system, which enables excellent resolution and contrast from close-up to infinity. The inclusion of a newly developed stepping motor makes the focusing action smooth, silent and quicker for use in both photo and video recording. Furthermore, the lens comes equipped with an aperture ring and AF/MF switch for precise, intuitive operation.
The Key Features
- Compact, lightweight 15mm wide-angle prime lens
- Fast, bright F1.7 aperture
- Stunning detail and beautiful bokeh
- 15mm angle of view (35mm camera equivalent: 30mm
- Renowned Leica Optical quality and performance
- Durable metal design
- Inner focus system with stepping motor - smooth, silent and quicker AF
- Aperture ring for precise control
- AF and MF switch on barrel
- 9 elements in 7 groups uses 3 aspherical lenses
- For use with compact system cameras with Micro Four Thirds fit
Compact, lightweight for Micro Four Thirds
Panasonic has unveiled a new digital interchangeable lens, the Panasonic 15mm f1.7 Leica Summilux DG ASPH Micro Four Thirds Lens (35 mm camera equivalent: 30 mm) for the LUMIX G range, based on the Micro Four Thirds standard, which is both compact and lightweight.
The new lens system comprising of 9 elements in 7 groups uses 3 aspherical lenses. The aspherical lenses suppress spherical aberration and distortion effectively while enabling the lens unit to be made smaller.
Nano Surgace Coating
Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology is adopted to minimise the reflection at entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) resulting in the super clear picture quality by avoiding ghost and flare.
Fast AF performance
Notably the performance of AF is by far superior to the phase-difference AF when fast lenses with a smaller F value are used. It is also compatible with the sensor drive at max.240 fps to take maximum advantage of the high-speed AF of LUMIX G cameras.