Compact and lightweight, this standard zoom lens with Pentax K-mount provides DSLR users with a versatile focal-length range from 28mm wide-angle to 105mm medium telephoto. Great for everyday photography, the 28-105mm f3.5-5.6 D FA ED DC weather-resistant lens is designed to accommodate the image circle of a large 35mm full-frame image sensor, thanks to the inclusion of state-of-the-art optics and high-performance optical elements. When mounted on the Pentax K-1 camera body, it delivers high-resolution imaging power, making it an ideal multi-purpose lens for the new 35mm full-frame digital SLR camera.
- Ultra-wide-angle 28mm
- Compact, lightweight standard zoom
- Bright lens with constant F2.8 aperture
- HD Coating to minimise reflection
- Weather Resistant construction
- Rounded aperture for beautiful bokeh
- Quick-shift Focus System
1. Standard zoom lens covering most frequently used ranges
This standard zoom lens accommodates the image circle of a 35mm full-frame image sensor, and covers focal lengths between 28mm wide angle and 105mm medium telephoto. By incorporating the latest optics and a number of high-performance optical elements, it retains a sufficient brightness level even at edges of the image field, while effectively compensating for various aberrations. It delivers high-resolution images by optimizing the imaging power of the PENTAX K-1’s approximately 36.4 effective megapixels. Its compact, lightweight body and excellent cost performance make this lens a perfect regular lens for the PENTAX K-1.
2. Excellent image description, complementing the full-frame digital SLR camera performance
In its 15-element, 11-group optics, this zoom lens incorporates two high-precision aspherical optical elements, one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical element and one anomalous-dispersion glass optical element, to deliver bright, sharp images with minimal chromatic and spherical aberrations. Since its optics is designed to assure ample resolving power for the large, high-pixel image sensor, it produces well-defined, fine-detailed images.
3. HD Coating to improve image description
This lens is treated with the high-grade, multi-layer HD Coating.* Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this PENTAX-original coating assures higher light transmittance and less reflection to deliver bright, high-contrast images that are free of flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight. * HD stands for High Definition.
4. Quick-Shift Focus System
This PENTAX-developed system allows for flawless, delay-free switching from autofocus to manual-focus operation, after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
5. Weather-resistant construction
This lens features a dependable weather-resistant construction with eight sealing parts to effectively prevent the intrusion of water into the lens interior. Paired with a weather-resistant PENTAX digital SLR camera body, it creates a durable, dependable digital imaging system that performs superbly in demanding shooting settings - even in rain or mist, or in locations prone to water splashing or spray.
7. Other features
- SP (Super Protect) Coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease.
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (defocus) effect, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
- Built-in DC motor to assure smooth, quiet, high-speed autofocus operation