Designed specifically for mirrorless cameras, the Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary lens offers image clarity that rivals Sigma’s premium ‘Art’ range. A bright aperture of just f/1.4 makes shooting in low-light a breeze, while also offering greater depth-of-field control. This version of the lens is for Sony E mount mirrorless cameras, such as the Sony A6500 or A7 series (in cropped sensor mode).
Key Features: Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens
- Designed for mirrorless cameras: Sigma have designed the 16mm f/1.4 with mirrorless users in mind. The Micro Four Thirds version is ideal for cameras such as the Panasonic Lumix GH5 and GH5, while the Sony E mount version is ideal for Sony cameras such as the A6500 or the A7 series (in crop sensor mode)
- Art series quality – Contemporary series price: Sigma’s Contemporary series contains their most affordable lenses, however this doesn’t mean that quality is sacrificed. Sigma are so confidence in the performance of the 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary that they say it rivals that of their premium ‘Art’ series
- Ultra-wide aperture: The 16mm Contemporary boasts a wide aperture of f/1.4, making it ideal for shooting in low-light conditions, while also giving the user greater control over depth-of-field in their image
- Smooth autofocus: An internal stepping motor ensures smooth autofocus performance which makes it suitable for shooting video
- Ideal for cropped sensor mirrorless cameras: The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 Contemporary Lens comes in both Micro Four Thirds and Sony E mount variants. The MFT version is ideal for mirrorless cameras such as Panasonic’s GH series (GH4 & GH5) while the Sony E mount version was designed with cameras such as the Sony A6500, or A7 full-frame models (when used it cropped sensor mode)
- Dust and splash-proof: A special sealing around the lens protects it against the elements, meaning you don’t have to stop shooting as soon as a little drizzle comes your way