Sigma 24mm f1.4 DG HSM A Lens
The Sigma 24mm f1.4 DG HSM Art lens is a wide-angle prime ideal for travel, landscape, wedding, architecture, lowlight and event photography. Designed for full-frame but will also work with APS-C sensors, the lens features Sigma’s latest technology for the best in image quality and edge-to-edge sharpness. Using premium FLD & SLD glass elements, the lens brings aberrations and distortion to a minimum, an issue many wide-angle lenses suffer from.
Art line delivers high-level artistic expression
SIGMA is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art, and Sports, where each line has a distinctive concept. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. With the astonishing rendering performance that meets the high standard, along with landscapes, portraits still-life, close-up, and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture and starry skies and many other scenes.
The highest optical performance in its class
By minimizing aberration using the latest design technology and know-how that has been accumulated from lens development over many years, this lens achieves astonishing rendering performance, even in the corners, with ultra-high resolution. Whilst featuring higher resolution around the focus point, the lens ensures a smooth and natural bokeh effect. Both high definition rendering without colour aberration and natural bokeh expression are possible, even from the maximum aperture.
Excellent correction of sagittal coma flare
Generally, it is ideal for a lens to have a high rendering performance from the maximum aperture throughout the entire image. For instance, sagittal coma flare, where the point light sources do not gather at one point and leave a tail, is a typical flare that occurs especially with wide-angle lenses. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art has an optimized power layout, positioning aspherical lens elements at the rear and adjusting the incidence angle of the light source, enabling high rendering performance even from the widest aperture. It is perfect for astronomical photography and shooting illuminations because of the reduced blur on the point light sources near the edge of the image.
Excellent correction of chromatic aberration
One of the elements required to achieve high rendering performance is the correction of chromatic aberration. Particularly, for axial chromatic aberration that is hard to correct even during image processing, the lens development stage was vital in ensuring minimized distortion. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art incorporates FLD (“F” Low Dispersion)* glass and SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements to minimize chromatic aberration of magnification which is mainly visible around the edge of the image. Moreover, the power layout ensures the correction of axial chromatic aberration. Without any colour blur, it achieves high image quality throughout the entire focusing range, thus achieving sharp and high contrast image rendering.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion. These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by the ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
It is not possible to compensate for distortion that is often observed with wide-angle lenses just by changing the aperture value. Therefore, the lens development stage was vital in ensuring minimized distortion. The SIGMA 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art adjusted the incidence angle of the light source from the surface of the first lens and positioned each aspherical glass element to optimize the power layout at respective positions. This has helped it succeed in minimizing distortion throughout the entire image.
High peripheral brightness
For a lens with a large diameter, brightness in the peripheral areas tends to be consequently lower compared to the centre. By improving the efficiency at large apertures and minimizing vignetting, it secures very good brightness. Without considering the lack of light even at the open aperture, it ensures high contrast images for indoor photography, astronomical photography and when photographing blue sky.
- Ѕuреr Мultі-Lауеr Соаtіng rеduсеѕ flаrе аnd ghоѕtіng, рrоvіdіng ѕhаrр аnd hіgh соntrаѕt іmаgеѕ еvеn іn bасklіt соndіtіоnѕ
- Соmеѕ wіth а 9 blаdе-rоundеd dіарhrаgm whісh сrеаtеѕ аn аttrасtіvе blur tо thе оut-оf-fосuѕ аrеаѕ оf thе іmаgе
- Нуреr Ѕоnіс Моtоr еnѕurеѕ ѕіlеnt, hіgh-ѕрееd АF
- Іnсоrроrаtеѕ а brаѕѕ bауоnеt mоunt fоr hіgh ассurасу аnd durаbіlіtу
- Аррlісаblе fоr thе Моunt Соnvеrѕіоn Ѕеrvісе
- Соmеѕ wіth а 3 уеаr UК Wаrrаntу
- ЅІGМА UЅВ DОСК іѕ аvаіlаblе fоr рurсhаѕе fоr thіѕ lеnѕ
What’s’ in the box?
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
- LCR III 77mm Front Lens Cap
- LCR II Rear Lens Cap
- LH830-03 Petal Type Lens Hood