The RX100 VII from Sony is an ideal point-and-shoot camera for serious photographers. Featuring a 1.0-type stacked 20.1MP Exmor RS CMOS sensor, a 24-200mm f/2.8-4.5 Zeiss Vario-Tessar fixed lens, and a single burst shooting drive mode that allows users to capture up to 90 sequential images per second. Video users are also catered for with the RX100 VII featuring 4K and HDR video, with Real-Time Tracking and Real-Time Eye AF. 257-point focal-plane phase-detection AF points, and 425-point contrast AF make it the fastest performing autofocus system in the world for a camera of its type.
Features About the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VII Digital Camera (DSC-RX100M7)
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- Alpha 9-level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World-leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastest v 0.02 sec high AF speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New ‘Single Burst Shooting’ Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot™, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack
- 4K in-body movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in high bit rate XAVCS™
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for video
- 4K Active SteadyShot that is 8x more effective than 4K Standard SteadyShot
- Integrated Microphone input
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HDR) / S-Gamut3.Cine / S-Log3, S-Gamut3/S-Log3
- Compatibility with ‘Movie Edit add-on’ from the ‘Imaging EdgeTM’ mobile application for movie stabilisation and editing
- Vertical-position data recording for movies
- Interval Shooting for stunning time-lapse videos
- Super Slow Motion recording at up to 1000fps
- 80-degree flip screen for ease-of-use whilst vlogging
A new sensor for the newest member of the RX100 family
Thanks to a new 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor, as well as the latest BIONZ X processor, the RX100 VII, is able to perform to the same standards set by Sony’s flagship A9 mirrorless camera.
Designed to hold its own in all shooting situations
The inclusion of a powerful 24-200mm f/2.8-4.5 Zeiss Vario-Tessar fixed lens ensures flexibility and freedom for users to capture their image in all shooting situations. Sony’s partnership with Zeiss continues with this camera, making the RX100 VII capable of meeting the shooting needs of both amateurs and professionals.
World-leading AF performance
The RX100 VII boasts world-leading AF performance. 357 focal-plane phase-detection points and 425 contrast-detect AF points work alongside a newly optimised lens drive control to provide AF speeds in just 0.02 seconds.
Taking the RX100 to new levels
In addition, the image sensor realises blackout-free shooting for a completely live view, even when continuous shooting at 20fps; the same experience as the Alpha 9. The RX100 VII also debuts a new drive mode, Single Burst Shooting, for capturing the perfect high-speed shot at up to 90fps in JPEG/RAW format utilising the anti-distortion shutter. ‘Single Burst Shooting’ allows the photographer to frame fast-moving action and shoot as if taking a single shot but the camera will actually deliver 7 still images, taken at 90fps, 60fps or 30fps, so the user can select the perfect moment.
Real-Time Tracking and Eye AF
The RX100 VII marks the first time that Sony has included advanced ‘Real-time Tracking’ and ‘Real-time Eye AF’ capabilities in a compact camera. Real-Time Tracking utilises Sony’s AI-based object recognition within its algorithm to ensure high levels of accuracy, even when selecting focus on the camera’s rear touch panel. Real-Time Eye AF also uses AI-based technology to detect and process eye data in real-time to further improve AF speed and reliability.
Compact and Lightweight
The compact and lightweight characteristics of the RX100 VII (approx. 302g / 102mm x 58mm x 43m) mean it can always be carried around and can be mounted in places that larger cameras cannot. But its small factor belies a multitude of pro-level movie-making capabilities perfect for on-the-go shooting such as vlogging
Product Videos of the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VII Digital Camera
Product Specification of the Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 VII Digital Camera
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)||200|
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)||24|
|Maximum Aperture – Tele||4.5|
|Maximum Aperture – Wide||2.8|
|Sensor Type||1.0 type stacked CMOS|