Lightweight, Compact, High-magnification zoom lens
Sony E 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens has a broad zoom range extending from 18mm wide-angle to 135mm telephoto, the versatile lens covers a wide range of subjects and situations. It features compact, lightweight portability that maximises the APS-C format E-mount advantage, as well as fast, precise, quiet AF operation that make it an excellent one-lens solution for day-to-day shooting.
7.5x zoom in a compact, lightweight lens
This lens weighs in at a mere 325g (11.5oz.), and is no larger than 67.2mm in diameter and 88mm in length. At the telephoto end of the zoom range, the focal length is 202.5mm (35mm format equivalent), providing ample reach for general shooting as well as landscapes, wildlife, portraits, and more.
High corner-to-corner resolution
A new optical design that includes one aspherical element contributes to consistently high resolution from the image centre right out to the edges throughout the zoom range, while two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements effectively suppress chromatic aberration. Built-in optical image stabilization makes it easier to shoot blur-free images handheld.
Close-ups with beautiful background bokeh
Minimum focusing distance is just 0.45 m (1.48 ft) (0.29x max. magnification), making it easy to shoot close-ups of sweets, flowers, and wildlife that combine sharp in-focus subjects with beautiful background bokeh. Bokeh quality is enhanced by a circular aperture design.
Fast, precise, quiet AF is ideal for stills and movies
A precision linear motor powers the lens’s AF system, for a fast, precise, quiet operation that is ideally suited for movies as well as stills.
Features About the Sony E 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- For Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- APS-C high-magnification standard zoom lens
- Suitable for a wide variety of still and video applications
- Perfect for portraiture, landscape, nature and travel photography
- Take close-up images with pleasing ‘bokeh’ or background defocus (0.45m minimum focusing distance)
- 7.5x zoom in a compact (only 67.2mm x 88mm) and lightweight lens (325g)
- High corner-to-corner resolution and built-in Optical Image Stabiliser (OSS)
- Fast, precise and quiet AF performance thanks to a linear motor
What’s in the box?
- Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- Sony ALC-F55S 55mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH153 Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Sample Images of the Sony E 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
Specifications of the Sony E 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
|Filter Thread Size (mm)||55|
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)||18|
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)||135|
|Included Accessories||Hood ALC-SH153, Front Lens Cap ALC-F55S, Rear Lens Cap ALC-R1EM|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Type||Standard Zoom|
|Maximum Aperture – Tele||3.5|
|Maximum Aperture – Wide||5.6|
|Number of Lens Elements||16|
|Number of Lens Groups||12|
|Angle of view (degrees)||76-12 degrees|
|Minimum Focus Distance (m)||0.48|