Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony FE is sleek and lightweight prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. By utilizing a modest f/2.8 maximum aperture, this lens is able to remain impressively sleek, making it ideal travel shooting applications.
Also contributing to its versatility is a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification ratio and 4.7″ minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects. An OSD stepping motor achieves fast and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the lens sports a moisture-resistant physical design along with a fluorine coating to suit working in inclement conditions.
Features of the Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony FE
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, is also suitable for use with APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture strikes a balance between being suitable for working in available lighting conditions and realizing an impressively compact and lightweight profile.
- Three LD (Low Dispersion) elements reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing in order to produce increased clarity and colour fidelity.
- One moulded glass aspherical element suppresses distortion and spherical aberrations for greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and colour accuracy.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a half life-size 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 4.7″ to suit working at near distances.
- OSD stepping motor offers especially quiet, fast, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens’ use in inclement conditions and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Extended 5 years warranty – Register Here
Get closer to your subject. As close as 0.12m.
One of the key features that makes this lens so exciting is its amazing ability to shoot close-ups. With this lens, you can get closer to an object than you’d ever imagined. At the 0.12m (4.7 in) MOD, the lens achieves its maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.
You’ll never again be frustrated because you cannot get close to an object while shooting. This remarkable performance allows users to create compositions that exploit dramatic perspective (closer subjects are larger, and distant ones are smaller) and that are unique to wide-angle lenses. By getting close to an object, you can produce a one-of-a-kind photo and leverage the beautifully blurred background bokeh.
The extreme portability enhances the limitless versatility of the lens
Take it with you anywhere. This lens travels as well as it performs. And because it’s matched to lightweight full-frame mirrorless cameras, your entire system becomes light, fast and nimble. It has a very compact body, weighing just 215g (7.6 oz) and an overall length of 64mm (2.5 in). It’s comfortably portable, highly maneuverable and amazingly easy to use and compose. Because the overall length does not change when focusing, you can get as close to an object as you need to without fear of accidentally bumping the front element.
The lens has the same 67mm filter diameter as the other members of the series of Tamron high-speed lenses for Sony E-mount cameras. So you can swap filters (like polarizers), lens caps and other accessories for convenience. Who says great things can’t come in small packages?
Superb image quality in an extra-wide-angle
This lens provides outstanding optical performance and overall image quality, characteristics relentlessly demanded from a prime, fixed focal lens. The expert arrangement of the LD and GM specialized glass elements greatly controls aberrations, including chromatic aberrations. Tamron’s proprietary BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating reduces ghosting and flare, which can otherwise occur when taking a photo against the sun.
Moreover, leveraging your camera body’s features* it delivers, throughout the frame, high resolution performance that maximizes the benefits of the latest high-megapixel cameras. Whether shooting on the street, full-scale landscapes or architectural photography, this lens delivers exceptionally crisp, colorful and beautiful images and helps you fulfill your creative ambitions.
Tamron lenses for Sony E-mount cameras are functional, versatile and fun!
This lens is just one of many Tamron lenses for Sony E-mount cameras. Throughout the lineup you’ll find creative tools that help you enjoy the world of mirrorless cameras and a broader range of photographic possibilities. Small and light weight (the perfect match for mirrorless cameras) they are definitively portable and can easily be all carried together as a complete set that’s ready for every situation.
For convenience sake, all of the lenses in the series have the same 67mm filter diameter. You can share the use of a single polarizing (or other) filter and avoid the aggravation of searching through lens caps when changing lenses. Built with convenience and ease-of-use in mind, you’ll be attracted by the compact size and thoroughly dazzled by the outstanding performance.
What’s in the box?
- Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony FE
- Tamron SP Front Lens Cap (67mm)
- Rear Lens Cap
- HF050 Lens Hood
Sample Images of the Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony FE
Specifications of the Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 Lens for Sony FE
|Angle of View |
|84°04′(for full-frame mirrorless format)|
|Optical Construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|Minimum Object Distance||0.12m (4.7 in)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:2|
|Length*||64mm (2.5 in)|
|Weight||215g (7.6 oz)|
|Aperture Blades||7 (circular diaphragm)**|
|Standard Accessory||Flower-shaped hood, Lens caps|
|Compatible Mounts||Sony FE-mount|
For more detailed specifications see here. To see other Tamron Lenses Click Here.
There are no reviews yet.