Introducing the Sony A6600 Digital Camera – With this body, it is all about incorporating beautiful detail and high resolution images combined with super-fast and powerful processing, all in a compact shell. The Sony A6600 hits the brief with ease. This system caters to the needs to enthusiasts and professional alike, and in both photography and videography because of the pure quality of its capture. Its compact nature makes it perfect for travel documentaries as well as vlogging.
Features About the Sony A6600
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- UHD 4K30p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- XGA Tru-Finder 2.36m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 921.6k-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- Up to 11-fps Shooting, ISO 100-32000
- 4D FOCUS with 425 Phase-Detect Points
- Real Time Eye AF for Stills and Video
- Headphone & Mic Ports, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
A full-fledged toolkit for your imagination
The Sony A6600 packs in the features, to deliver what you need for just about any situation you encounter – fast AF, steady image stabilisation and stunning image quality, a high-capacity battery and serious 4K HDR (HLG)1 movie shooting.
Reliable and persistent AF
Wide AF area, super-fast AF speed and steady subject tracking. The densely distributed focus points of the Sony A6600 cover around 84% of the image area, and the Fast Hybrid AF system combines the best of phase-detection AF and contrast-detection AF to achieve a world-leading 0.02-sec.2 acquisition speed. When subjects are in motion, AF points densely positioned around the subject are activated for accurate tracking.
Fast continuous shooting with AF/AE at up to 11fps with minimal display lag, and 8fps3 with live view, in bursts of up to 1164 shots in JPEG (Standard) at one time. With your settings clearly previewed in the electronic viewfinder, and the virtually real-time display, it will elevate your action shooting to a whole new level.
Silent continuous shooting won’t disturb the peace. When the situation calls for absolute quiet, silent shooting with no shutter noise is possible at up to 8fps5, even in AF-C mode. Used with Real-time Eye AF or with Real-time Tracking it dramatically expands your range of shooting options.
Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- Initiate Real-time Tracking by half-pressing the shutter, or simply select the subject by a touch, to start tracking. You can also assign “Tracking On” to a custom key, and press it to start tracking.
- AI-based subject tracking. The camera’s tracking systems rely on unique AI-based subject recognition algorithms6. These process spatial information consisting of colour, pattern (brightness), and distance (depth) data, as well as tracking the subject’s eye and face, all in real-time at high speeds. (1) Face [AI] (2) Eye [AI] (3) Colour (4) Pattern (5) Distance (6) Subject recognition algorithm (AI)
- Real-time Eye AF for humans even when your portrait subject is on the move. Real-time Eye AF provides continuous, stable eye detection and tracking to keep your scene in focus. It also works when the subject’s face is partially hidden, backlit, or facing downwards.
- Real-time Eye AF for animals. The same eye-detection algorithms that make great portraits of people have been adapted to animals as well7, to help you get beautiful pet portraits and wildlife shots.
- Right/left eye AF selection by touch. Not only can you prioritise the subject’s left or right eye in settings, but you can also even do it with a simple touch to the camera’s monitor screen.
- Smooth focus transition, depending on the condition of the subject you’re tracking, the focus area will automatically and seamlessly switch between the subject’s face and eyes.
- Real-time Tracking activation with Touch Tracking with the Touch Tracking function, you can simply touch the monitor to initiate Real-time Tracking for either stills or movies.
5-axis optical image stabilisation
Pitch and yaw control. Compensate for angular shake, also known as pitch and yaw shake, especially evident when shooting at longer focal lengths.
Horizontal and vertical axes. Compensate for camera shake in the horizontal and vertical directions, most apparent at high magnifications such as macro shooting.
Roll compensation. Compensate for roll, or rotational shake, most obvious in hand-held, long-duration movie shooting.
How optical image stabilisation works. The 5-axis in-body optical image stabilisation mechanism used on our acclaimed full-frame cameras has been adapted as the stabilisation unit for the APS-C sensor on the Sony A6600. Relying on a highly accurate gyro sensor, it detects and compensates for camera shake along five different axes, including angular (pitch and yaw), horizontal, vertical and rotational, for stabilisation equivalent to a 5-step9 faster shutter setting.
High image quality by design. The Exmor™ APS-C CMOS sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor. This 24.2-megapixel10 APS-C image sensor is optimised for highly efficient light collection, a wide sensitivity range and low-noise performance even at high ISO settings. In conjunction with the latest-generation BIONZ X image processing engine, it delivers superb image clarity and outstanding textural reproduction.
Low-noise performance for high ISO sensitivity across a wide sensitivity range of ISO 100-32000 (expanded to ISO 50-102400), the α6600 delivers excellent low-noise performance for high-quality images even in dimly lit settings.
Improved colour reproduction. The Algorithms inherited from our highly regarded full-frame cameras are responsible for the α6600’s faithful colour reproduction. Depiction of human skin tones has been significantly improved, as have the vibrant colours of flowers. Jaggies and false colours are also suppressed.
True-to-life 4K HDR (HLG) movie recording
Versatile movie-making capabilities with full-pixel readout with no pixel binning enables high-resolution 4K movie recording1, while a new HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) picture profile supports instant HDR delivery. Sophisticated image stabilisation completes the picture.
Keep the focus on your subject. Working together, the camera’s Fast Hybrid AF system, Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF maintain steady and dependable focus on your subject, so you can enjoy the more creative aspects of movie-making.
Interval Shooting to create time-lapse movies. The camera’s capabilities include built-in Interval Shooting11, for time-lapse videos with a selectable shot interval of 1-60 seconds. Resulting images can be combined in high resolution on a PC, and viewed with a simple variable-speed preview function on the camera.
S-Log shooting support. The S-Log3 and S-Log2 Gamma curves feature wide dynamic range (up to 1300% of Rec.709) to minimise whiteout and blackout and allow a wider scope for colour grading in post-production12.
Slow & Quick Motion recording. You can record movies in slow motion (up to 5x) and quick motion (up to 60x) directly in the camera, or use 120fps Full HD video to create high-quality slow-motion footage in post-production13.
Extend your reach with external touch operations. Convenient touch operations such as Touch Focus and Touch Tracking, that are available on the α6600’s monitor14, can still be accessed even when external monitors are connected to the camera.
Tell your stories in your own way. The Sony A6600 is designed for powerful film-making, so pros and enthusiasts alike can share their stories with the world. The 180°-tiltable display makes self-framing easy for vlogging or challenging shooting angles. Professional audio is also covered with an external mic jack and headphone jack for monitoring. And the improved grip ensures rock-solid, and comfortable, shooting for hours at a time.
What’s in the box?
- Sony A6600 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- Sony AC Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Sample Image Gallery of the Sony A6600
Product Videos of the Sony A6600
Product Specification of the Sony A6600
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||11 fps|
|Lens Fitting||Sony E|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||24.5 megapixels|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Spot|
|4K Video Recording||Yes|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Picture Modes, Manual|
|Megapixel Banding||20 – 30|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom|
|Sensor Size (WxH mm)||23.5 x 15.6mm)|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||Memory Stick PRO, SDXC, Memory Stick Duo, Mem Stick PRO Duo , SD Card, SDHC Card|
|Max Image Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Flash||Built in, Auto, Red eye reduction, Fill in|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||120.0 x 66.9 x 69.3mm|
|ISO Speed Range||50-102400 (expanded)|