Ultra-Wide for Dynamic Spatial Expression
This compact 12-24mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens features the shortest focal lengths available in any full-frame E-mount lens, with stunning corner-to-corner G Lens resolution at all apertures. It is an excellent choice for dynamic landscape and architecture photography. Outstanding mobility and quiet, fast, precise autofocus make it ideal for shooting movies as well as stills.
High resolution at ultra-wide angles
Refined ultra-wide-angle optics capture expansive scenes with outstanding resolution and clarity.
Compact, lightweight, and mobile
A new design significantly reduces the overall length and front element size while maintaining the highest possible optical performance. And it weighs a mere 565 grams (20 oz.).
Fast, quiet AF for stills and movies
This lens features an advanced inner-focus mechanism driven by Sony’s Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) system for fast, accurate AF lock-on as well as smooth, quiet operation.
Fingertip control and high reliability
A customisable focus hold button provides extra control versatility, while dust and moisture resistant2 design means reliable operation even in challenging conditions.
Features About the Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G Lens
- Excellent image-wide resolution and clarity in 12 mm ultra-wide-angle at all apertures, in an extremely lightweight lens
- G Lens optical design with 17 optical elements, Super ED and ED glass and Nano AR coating for outstanding bokeh quality and extreme resolution
- Fast, precise, and accurate autofocus using a Direct Drive SuperSonic Motor, with a dust and moisture resistant construction
- Flare and ghosting are minimized with a Nano AR Coating, even when shooting wide-angle landscapes with the sun near or in the image
- Quiet AF, a constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range, and a responsive manual focus ring make this lens ideal for movies as well as stills
- Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G Lens features a manual zoom system, body-integrated image stabilisation (SteadyShot), as well as circular aperture
- It has a 122 deg – 84deg angle of view (35mm) and a 99 deg – 61 deg angle of view (APS-C)
- The lens shoots in 35mm full-frame format and is 87 x 117.4 mm (3-1/2 x 4-5/8 in)
- Its minimum focus distance is 0.28 m (0.92 ft) and its maximum magnification ration (X) is 0.14. It also has 18-36 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C)
What’s in the box?
- Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Sample Images of the Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G Lens
Specifications of the Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G Lens
|Focal Length – Tele (mm)||210|
|Focal Length – Wide (mm)||12|
|Hood Model||Petal shape, fixed type|
|Included Accessories||1x Front Lens Cap and 1x Rear Lens Cap|
|Lens Mount||Sony FE|
|Maximum Aperture – Tele||4|
|Maximum Aperture – Wide||4|
|Number of Lens Elements||17|
|Number of Lens Groups||13|
|Sensor Format||Full Frame|
|Teleconverter Compatibility||(x1.4) SEL14TC (X2.0) SEL20TC|
|MF switch||Full-time manual override|